Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Removing factory badge

I was told it's really a trick to remove a vintage badge and replace it so it looks like a true factory install. Can anyone give me any tips on what the procedure is? do you need a speical tool? or ??

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 12 years ago

Grommet badge? If so, what I've done is use a dremmel, or drill mounted conical grinder. Carefully grind from inside shell until inner collar comes away. Carefully extract rest of grommet from front, (this can be tricky if tight) and you can often replace the original - maybe get replacement inner collar. Believe there have been other threads on this technique.

LOGOS - Vinyl Bass Drum Brand Logo Decals
http://www.ebay.ca/usr/barrhavendrum...p2047675.l2559

Barrhaven Drum Guy
Posted on 12 years ago

In the resto topics, there is a play by play video from poppy#`s that takes you through the process !! The hard part is getting a factory gromett !! Most will round over different on the inside than the outside deliberately. He made the video when he was rewrap`n a mod orange kit !! It`s the most clear and understandable one I`ve seen here !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 12 years ago

Posted on 12 years ago

Well at least I got it to turn blue !!

Posted on 12 years ago

I think it was on page 32 or in that area !!

Posted on 12 years ago

Looks like I can easily turn this project from bad to worse, who lives in Chicago that can help?>?LOL

Posted on 12 years ago

Drive it on over to Minnysnowda and I'll do it for ya.

Oh, and bring beer.Cool Dude

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 12 years ago

DaddyNowhere has described the best way to do this, it's easy. If it's a rewrap or a refinish, why bother with the inner lip ? It will have no added value to a reworked drum. Once the inner lip is ground away, you can push the grommet out the front w/ an old drumstick. Do not pry it out. . Simply replace it later w/ a little glue on the stem of the grommet.

Posted on 12 years ago

Guess what, I checked it has no inner lip

Just went to try to push it out, its not going anywhere, I even had a punch that was perfect size, just a little larger, I thought for sure it would push out, all I ended up doing was pushing the press right through the hole, this is going to be a mess I can see it coming.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here