Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Real minty

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

Very nice! Here's my "champagne" contribution for the holidays... my mid-60's Rogers Luxor snare drum.

-Mark

2 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago

jaghog, that date stamp looks like Apr. 2 1969? What is the serial number on that drum?

Posted on 2 years ago

Gary. Nice drums, I would like to own a champaign sparkle kit someday but I probably can't afford one.

Do you have pictures of the set up?

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 2 years ago

From idrum4fun

Very nice! Here's my "champagne" contribution for the holidays... my mid-60's Rogers Luxor snare drum.-Mark

Mark. Nice snare drum! Bet it sounds great!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 2 years ago

From slingerfan

jaghog, that date stamp looks like Apr. 2 1969? What is the serial number on that drum?

It’s a 69 kit all 4 are born together my tag is off year

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

Champagne wishes and caviar dreams!

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 2 years ago

From jaghog

Thought I bring out the champagne for the holidays hereMerry Christmas

It might not be possible to be more classic that champagne sparkle!

Posted on 2 years ago

From jccabinets

Gary. Nice drums, I would like to own a champaign sparkle kit someday but I probably can't afford one. Do you have pictures of the set up?

Jeff

When I’m done taking apart and cleaning, I’ll post it set up ,it needs it bad.

1967 super classic obp

Posted on 2 years ago

As a young gigging drummer with a rock band, I would get a new drum set every year or so. I never gave a thought to keeping the current one. There was never anything wrong with the drums that I had been playing. I just loved the idea of trading them in for a different drum set. For the twenty plus years that I was an active player, there were a few drum finishes I never wanted. Champagne Sparkle and White Marine Pearl were what the "old guys" played. Painted, stained, and natural wood finish shells reminded me of the drums that were played by people who "couldn't afford to buy fancier wrapped shells". All of those thoughts were silly and baseless. Long after I retired from gigging I started loving the timeless beauty of White Marine Pearl and real Champagne Sparkle. I also became fond of the two-tone Duco drums in colors other than blue/silver and black/gold. I have still never warmed up to stained or "natural" wood shells because of how they are vulnerable to being damaged even with gentle usage.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here