Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Re-wrapping 9/72 Londoner

I've decided to weigh in on this as well! My vote, as others have already stated, is to leave the kit as-is. I completely agree that they are your drums and you can do as you please. If you decide to wrap them, please keep in mind that you will be in for a world of work! From experience, I can say that removing wrap from Cleveland, Dayton and early Fullerton drums can be tough! Removing it without damaging the outer ply can be difficult. As for Fullerton era 9-72 shells, the wrap comes of much easier, especially if using a heat gun. The biggest issue? The outside ply may not lend itself, cosmetically, for the translucent look of the wrap you are considering. Attached are pictures of a 12x15 marching tenor tom shell that I converted to a floor tom. Personally, I wouldn't want that outer ply showing through the wrap! Of course, Delmar wrap wouldn't have this issue, but is much more expensive compared to that eBay wrap! Anyway, just food for thought!

-Mark

5 attachments
99.6 kB
105.3 kB
108.2 kB
107.4 kB
119.9 kB
Posted on 7 years ago

You guys convinced me.

I will keep the set as it is...

If another set comes along which need re-wrap then i will consider it.

I know that if I re-wrap it will take quite a bit of work. I did it on a Ludwig black cortex, took me 6 mo but this is what came out of it.

[Attachment: 109651]

[Attachment: 109652]

[Attachment: 109653]

Thank you guys.

Appreciate the input.

3 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

Glad you decided to leave your Fullerton kit as-is! While the original solid black wrap isn't for everyone, it does look good on your kit and you'll avoid the hassle and work it would take to rewrap them!

Your Ludwig kit looks great!

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

I think you made the correct decision to leave the Rogers set original. I never thought I would care for a Ebony set but I came across one just like yours a couple years ago and love it.

Ludwig's look fantastic.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here