Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Puresound Vintage series line going away?.............

I was on the Drum Factory Direct site looking at the Puresound vintage wires and they now list in bold red type the vintage series will not be made anymore. Sold out of some of them already including the ones I need. Great. DOH

My son also carries the PS line through a vendor he uses and the vintage series is not listed on their site anymore either. 0 results from any of the old vintage series part numbers.

This kinda sucks for us no?

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

That is correct! No more will be made.

Posted on 12 years ago

Yeh, i was surprised and bummed to hear this too! Better stock up!

Posted on 12 years ago

Yep. Just got an email reply from PureSound Percussion verfying they have discontinued the Vintage Series! CryBaby

Posted on 12 years ago

It makes no sense to do this. Maybe discontinue it as a regular stocking item and make it a special order only product, that I could see, but to discontinue the line completely? Makes no sense to discontinue a product when the demand is still there, small as it may be.

Posted on 12 years ago

Maybe if they offered a Vintage Gretsch wire, there'd be even more demand. : P (I didn't see a Vintage Gretsch offering, the last time on their site.) Special order seems like a reasonable route. I'd like to try them. I have a set of their Blasters that seem okay.

B

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 12 years ago

I left a message for them to see if special orders are an option or something they would even consider. I don't own any snares that require anything other than standard snares, but I can see where this was a very niche but critical market. We shall see what they say.

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 12 years ago

Vintage wires were what put them on the map,wasn't it?electricit

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago

Perhaps all of us need to contact customer service to see if they can maintain the hardware assets to accommodate special orders.

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 12 years ago

The response I got from them this morning was that they will no longer be available at all, even by special order. Contact them directly with specific requests and they will give you a part number and also let you know who potentially has inventory.

tnsquint
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here