Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Pulled the trigger - '65 Slingys

Just couldn't resist. Nice kit, don't you think? Wasn't exactly a bargain, but I've been wanting a kit in this color and size configuration. Merry Xmas to me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360217655109&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Posted on 14 years ago

I don't think that price is to outrageous, it might be a solid shell snare there. Slingies are climbing on the dollar scale. Nice kit, nice score!

Posted on 14 years ago

GADS! I was looking at that kit also! But, I'm drum poor at the moment. Don't really need another kit, and need to finish restoring two! That's sweet! Congrats! I've always had a thing for the Champagne Sparkle. Looks great!

Merry Christmas indeed!x-mas1

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

Great looking set of Slingys! Is the Artist snare a single or 3ply version?

Posted on 14 years ago

very nice/very complete kit! great score!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

I'll have a glass!!! those puppies are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Excellent deal. All original, untouched matching set. You can't go wrong.

They look like later '60s so the snare will probably be a three ply, which, IMHO sound better...

Beautiful set that will clean up easily and go up in value.

Posted on 14 years ago

Really nice... congrats!!

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago

I'm no expert but that looks like a really nice set. All original and complete and 65 vintage very cool. Great color. Price does not look bad at all either. Congrats!!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 14 years ago

A couple of those excellent Slingy flat base cymbal stands and you are off to market. That's a wonderful kit. I'm somewhat ... filled with envy ... which is a bad thing. But, dang! That's a really sweet looking kit. I've never been much of a fan of that wrap. But, it looks so 'right' on that kit. Great stuff. Let us know how it sounds once you tension it all up. Congrats...big time!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here