Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Pulled the trigger - '65 Slingys

That's a VERY nice set... classic... you did well... great score!

Posted on 14 years ago

Nice kit,I love Champagne sparkle,those kits always look classy and great under lights,and there is something to be said for buying a kit and it being ready to be played and enjoyed,as for the price,considering that a new" dream" kit could cost 4000.00 dollars and up, you got a kit in the color, configuration,and condition you wanted,with a matching snare,you got a good deal,especially because you got what you really wanted.

Posted on 14 years ago

Got the kit this weekend, and it's a real beauty. All but the floor tom are natural maple interiors and date stamped 1965. Floor tom has "chocolate milk" inner ply. When did they start doing this? Could this be a transitional set in that respect?

The drums don't appear to have much playing time on them and based on their condition, may never have left the original owner's house! The wrap and bearing edges are in great shape. Bass drum hoops look nearly new. Chrome is also quite nice, but will certainly benifit by a Dawn treatment. Unfortunately, the snare drum is not single ply. Nontheless, its a perfectly good drum and a perfect match to the rest of the kit. What's not to like?

The guy I bought the set from is a guitar collector, and knows virtually nothing about vintage drums. He picked them up at an estate sale for $150!!!!! DAMN, he sure made out well by flipping them! Good for him, but it makes me wonder how much less he would have taken for them. Regardless, I'm pleased with my purchase.

I plan on detailing them before the year is out. I'll be sure and post pics.

Posted on 14 years ago

My 1966 kit is all chocolate milk interiors.... so you're probably on target for late '65.

Never look back on the price... he got a crazy deal on them.. which brought them to you for a good price.

Smiles all around!!Cool1

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago

Nice looking set of drums, Congrads..Thanks for sharing

Posted on 14 years ago

My 66 kit is all maple, so it had to be 66 or so.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Rocketman

The guy I bought the set from is a guitar collector, and knows virtually nothing about vintage drums. He picked them up at an estate sale for $150!!!!! DAMN, he sure made out well by flipping them! Good for him, but it makes me wonder how much less he would have taken for them. Regardless, I'm pleased with my purchase.

It's unhealthy to play this game. It's like accepting a job making 95,000 a year. You celebrate and feel pretty good. Then you find out that the guy your replacing and the other two guys you work with are all hitting 375,000 doing exactly what you're doing. You inevitably begin to resent the job. It was great when you first took the position. Now it's not. The only thing that has changed is your awareness of others good fortune.

Posted on 14 years ago

mcjnic, sounds like you've had a bad experience. Still feeling a bit hurt?Laughing H

Anyway, what is it that you do for a job where people get $375k? Professional footballer? Banker?

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 14 years ago

Actually, it's not my experience. It was just an example. As far as the high salary...I don't do that stuff anymore. I used to work as a Computer Systems Engineer and a Network Systems Engineer. That was a past life and a past career. No mo. Not worth the stress.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here