Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Project 59 Ludwig

Check it out. My DW key fits. I don't know much about Camco, which is why I didn't know about this key holder. And I do have 2 of them, although they are both missing the adjustment screws.

[IMG]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m530/ElMoonlightDrummer/59%20Ludwig/2011-07-22130926.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m530/ElMoonlightDrummer/59%20Ludwig/2011-07-22131012.jpg[/IMG]

- EMD
Posted on 13 years ago

Just as I thought.

I rest my case.......

you have TWO rare Camco snap in holders!

Prolly worth $25-50 EACH!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

Cool! Could almost pay for the purchase price of the whole entire kit if I were to sell them...not sure...may hold on to them...or at least 1 of them.

- EMD
Posted on 13 years ago

That is a seriously cool find. You have the absolute best situation available - GREAT shells and hardware, guaranteed need for a rewrap. It's like you have a legitimate blank canvas ... with no heat from us! Go dog go! Have you put any thought into the direction you'll lean on the wrap??? That could be a whole 'nuther thread. "Vote My New Finish" Totally cool. You are going to have such a blast. The blessings are falling on us. Take notice. It's a good day to be a drummer.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Hey RS...so yeah...I think I can kind of do whatever I feel like with this kit, since the worst possible things have already happened to it. As for the wrap...I've always wanted a BDP kit, so that might be the way I go...unless along the way I find a transition badge jazz fest...then I might try to match the wrap to that. Of course, I could look for a COB Supra with a transition badge, but I don't feel like selling my kidney to buy one! It's a good day to be a drummer indeed!

- EMD
Posted on 13 years ago

From vintagerules

You got an awesome deal for $100! First step i would recomend you take all lugs and hardware off the drums so it's just wood. Depending on the condition of the metal I would recommend you use double zero or triple zero steal wool to get it all clean. I like taking all the legs and what nnot to be able to lok at the shell wrap more thoroughly. I've never replaced the wrap so sorry i can't help you with that sorry

One should never USED steel wool to clean up vintage chrome parts....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

From ElMoonlightDrummer

Hey RS...so yeah...I think I can kind of do whatever I feel like with this kit, since the worst possible things have already happened to it. As for the wrap...I've always wanted a BDP kit, so that might be the way I go...unless along the way I find a transition badge jazz fest...then I might try to match the wrap to that. Of course, I could look for a COB Supra with a transition badge, but I don't feel like selling my kidney to buy one! It's a good day to be a drummer indeed!

Nice score for 100.00..Yes the COB supra tran's badge snares are very hard to fine..The last one i sold about 2 years the collecter paid me 1,800.00 for it...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

From MIKEY777

One should never USED steel wool to clean up vintage chrome parts....Mikey

Hey Mikey...is using a green kitchen scouring pad just as bad as steel wool? I have used one before to clean chrome, and seems to work fine, but just looking for an expert opinion here. Thanks!

- EMD
Posted on 13 years ago

Bro...you got a STEAL for 100$$

Good luck on your resto. What color wrap are you gonna choose?

Posted on 13 years ago

Hey Retro,

I thought I scored on it...and glad to think everyone else does, too! As for wrap...I'm going with black diamond pearl....always wanted a kit in that finish.

- EMD
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here