Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Premier drum set info

Hi everybody,I am new to the forum,just got a used Premier drum kit which think is an APK "select" from the 80's,could someone help me confirm this? both bass drum and floor tom have reinforcing rings inside the shell,bass drum has 8 lugs and 12 tom only 5 lugs,drums are covered finish with black interiors,any advice will be appreciated.

Posted on 7 years ago

My friend had a kit that looked identical to that, black with black interiors and it was a "highest level" APK kit at the top of their midrange line. I bet they sound great.

------------------------------------------------
"I've met cats and dogs smarter than Cory and Trevor."
Posted on 7 years ago

I think this one is not an APK! They had no rerings and the hardware on the shells don't seem right either! Maybe a Projektor early 80s? Not sure🤔

Regards

Christian

Posted on 7 years ago

I don't think those are APK either, I had the XPK (basically APKs that were stain grade outer ply and not wrapped) and they did not have rings. Neither did the tom mount look like this. I think yours may be older. Those lugs...somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking late 70s...I think they called them speedboat lugs, but I may be mistaken.

65-73 Ludwig orphans 22/16/15/13/12 (silver sparkle rewrap)
1967 Ludwig Supraphonic 5 x 14
1976 Ludwig Acrolite 5 x 14
1966 Ludwig Pioneer 5 x 14
66-'67-ish Slingerland orphan project 20/13 (original champagne sparkling pearl)
Mid-60's Slingerland Gene Krupa COB Sound King 5 x 14
Mid-50's Slingerland tenor-to-floor tom resto/conversion project
Early 50's Slingerland Marcher resto project
Pork Pie 6.5 x 14 Big Black
Zildjians
Posted on 7 years ago

Thank you so much for all your replies guys,I'm pretty sure the model is APK because I just found an identical kit in the 1987 Premier Drums brochure,my only concern is about the reinforcing rings but maybe I'm wrong.

Posted on 7 years ago

Doesn`t look like the same badge as the catalog.

I think the catalog page has this badge. Your badge has Premier into the P and two rows under that.

But my eyes are old.

1 attachments
It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 7 years ago

OddBall you are right about the badge I had not noticed that...

Posted on 7 years ago

APK had re-rings up till 1989

Posted on 7 years ago

Its approx. a 1986 APK

3 attachments
158.1 kB
156.6 kB
Posted on 7 years ago

From OddBall

Doesn`t look like the same badge as the catalog. I think the catalog page has this badge. Your badge has Premier into the P and two rows under that. But my eyes are old.

Thats the Yamaha era badge

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here