Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

pearl tiger stripe

off to check out this kit, $399 or offer, any thoughts, would it be early 70's, no snare, good condition.

Posted on 13 years ago

Hey there, 399$ is a bit too high for this one. I think 299$ is the max that you should go on this one and that is if it was in good shape. The only way it is worth 399$ is if it had all new heads and was in pristine A+ condition.

It`s a lovely kit but luan doesn`t age that well so unless you get a few good interior photos you cannot assume that the shells are perfect inside either. I would try to talk him down. If you see the cymbal that has been badly beaten in the photo- that can tell you how this drumset may have been treated as wellCooked Egg

There is a possibility it is a President fiberglass kit- looking at that 1969/1970 mounting hardware- if so then it would be worth 350$ to someone like me.

Best of luck- it`s a nice kit for the right price- try to get 250$ I think

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 13 years ago

i think its a bit pricey as well, but its local and you rarely see kits around here, all interstate kits are about $200 to ship and most vendors insist on pick up only, i will be haggleing once i eyeball the kit,

From OsakaBop

Hey there, 399$ is a bit too high for this one. I think 299$ is the max that you should go on this one and that is if it was in good shape. The only way it is worth 399$ is if it had all new heads and was in pristine A+ condition.It`s a lovely kit but luan doesn`t age that well so unless you get a few good interior photos you cannot assume that the shells are perfect inside either. I would try to talk him down. If you see the cymbal that has been badly beaten in the photo- that can tell you how this drumset may have been treated as wellCooked EggThere is a possibility it is a President fiberglass kit- looking at that 1969/1970 mounting hardware- if so then it would be worth 350$ to someone like me.Best of luck- it`s a nice kit for the right price- try to get 250$ I think

Posted on 13 years ago

Is that an 18/12/14?

Posted on 13 years ago

vendor has'nt responded with sizes, be good if is, most likley 20,13,16

Posted on 13 years ago

It's all about the color-We'd be talkin' $150 if it was blue sparkle.The matching snare would probably be COS anyway,no big loss.With so many 60's wraps being repro'd now,the "not" repro'd ones look even better.Are they worth that money as drums quality wise-no.

Posted on 13 years ago

Looks just like the Pearl President kit I acquired not too long ago for $156. Might even be the same finish as mine. Cool drums, nice funky tone--but not $399 cool & funky.

Oh, and the one I got also has the matching snare.

Posted on 13 years ago

just got in from buying this kit, 12,14,18, no snare as can see, drums are in near perfect condition, mainly dust, little if no rust, just a bit on the bd hoops, bd and ft are 8 luggers? must be pearl thing as my yammies are 6. shells are what i think is luan. the bloke i bought them off said they belonged to a 16yr old girl who played but who ever owned these or where ever they came from had other drums as both toms have star batters and reso's and reso on bd is yamaha nippon gaki, might have been sold as a used kit cleaned up from a drum shop all those years ago. but any way a neat little kit and now the quest for a snare.

Posted on 13 years ago

From alot2008

just got in from buying this kit, 12,14,18, no snare as can see, drums are in near perfect condition, mainly dust, little if no rust, just a bit on the bd hoops, bd and ft are 8 luggers? must be pearl thing as my yammies are 6. shells are what i think is luan. the bloke i bought them off said they belonged to a 16yr old girl who played but who ever owned these or where ever they came from had other drums as both toms have star batters and reso's and reso on bd is yamaha nippon gaki, might have been sold as a used kit cleaned up from a drum shop all those years ago. but any way a neat little kit and now the quest for a snare.

Nice little set ALot2008,A rare set with a 18" bass Wow..Ok what did you steal Yes Sir that set for??..I would go with a COS or COB snare drum to came by a matching snare for the set will be hard.....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

tried th knock this guy down from $399, but it nagged me because of the sizes, so i paid $325, came with an old school stool and some other bits and pieces, but why in earth do kits turn up without snares,(i think i know why) would this guy have had a 13'' snare? will post some pics, just wrestling with resizing at the moment, but i any one has a snare?

From MIKEY777

Nice little set ALot2008,A rare set with a 18" bass Wow..Ok what did you steal Yes Sir that set for??..I would go with a COS or COB snare drum to came by a matching snare for the set will be hard.....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here