Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Need help! Details needed on 1920s-30s cylmbal hanger piece!

Ok,.. I'm looking for a little assistance here with something I'm looking to make for myself, but coming up short on researching the info I need!Help2

One of our members had listed an old Ludwig cymbal hanger from a 1920s set he had. I failed to ask him beforehand about the details of it so I could make something similar for myself to actually "USE" with my trap kit.

Does anyone (thegretchthatstolexmas can weigh in as he had one) know the dimensions and details of this little cymbal hanger?...

(ie. width and length of leather strap, dimension of metal disc, etc.)

[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h29/coaltowncowboy/BjVUUQCGkKGrHqMH-CEEsZjgm8KjBLTMhRU.jpg[/IMG]

Also, if anyone has any other 1920s or earlier cymbal hangers please feel free to post photos of them!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

:D

Posted on 14 years ago

Damn.

I used to have one of those and finally got rid of it because I thought, "I'm NEVER going to use this." Yep . . . just goes to show . . .

I DO remember the size though. It was about the size of a quarter, maybe a tiny bit smaller.

I hope that helps.

Posted on 14 years ago

From jeremybranson

Damn.I used to have one of those and finally got rid of it because I thought, "I'm NEVER going to use this." Yep . . . just goes to show . . .I DO remember the size though. It was about the size of a quarter, maybe a tiny bit smaller. I hope that helps.

Do you remember the size, thickness and width of leather strap used on it??

I'm guessing 3/8-1/2" wide?

Posted on 14 years ago

The leather strap was just a simple loop. The width of the strap was about 1/4", maybe 3/8". It was attached to an old K so the strap had to fit through the smaller hole.

The strap wasn't very thick either, I'd say about 1/8" at the most.

The whole thing had some serious dry-rot - so I ditched it. I knew I should have kept it for a reason.

Posted on 14 years ago

From jeremybranson

The leather strap was just a simple loop. The width of the strap was about 1/4", maybe 3/8". It was attached to an old K so the strap had to fit through the smaller hole.The strap wasn't very thick either, I'd say about 1/8" at the most.

Oh, ok,...and then it was just riveted to the little disc then?

From jeremybranson

The whole thing had some serious dry-rot - so I ditched it. I knew I should have kept it for a reason.

Yep!,... could have just drilled out the old rivets and gave it a second birth!

Eye Ball

Oh well,... I learn the hard way to sometimes!,... ha Mind Blowi

Posted on 14 years ago

News Flash!!

I didn't actually throw this damn thing out! I thought I did, but just as I was leaving my studio I saw it next to the cymbal it came with (more on that later).

I was in a hurry, so I couldn't take a picture. Tomorrow I'll upload some pictures so you can see. Off the top of my head - I was wrong about the size of the disk. It was larger than I had remembered (more like a .50 cent piece than a quarter).

I'll get some good pics tomorrow.

Posted on 14 years ago

Pm'd you Jeremy....

Posted on 14 years ago

TheHotIron - I recently was looking for something I could use for the same reason, and used an old Hi-Hat washer for the hanger. The washer is the kind you find underneath the bottom felt on some HH stands. It is slightly cup shaped. I’m sure you folks know the ones. I turned it upside down so the arch is upward.

“In fact your pedal extremities are a bit obnoxious”. – Fats Waller
Posted on 14 years ago

HotIron,

Sure thing dude. I don't mind just giving this piece to you. I truly have no use for it - and the leather isn't in such good shape, but that's an easy fix.

I'll post some pics later tonight.

The only thing I'm looking for now is a Gretsch microsensitive adjustable butt-plate. Unless you've got one of those just sitting around, then don't worry about a price or a trade or anything like that. Just good drum karma.

Posted on 14 years ago

That's very cool of you, Jeremy! Thanks for being a part of this forum, man!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here