Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

My DYNA-SONIC mission.. any hints, tip, ideas??

Well here she is... and I don't think she'd seen the light of day in at least 15 years.

Serial number is 47626.. In casual conversation I discovered a co-worker who had played professionally for many years had this one stowed away in his garage.

I told him I would clean it up for him as it stands and give him a price to put it back together right and maybe make an offer on it.

Any special hints, tips, or ideas from you Rogers guys would be great.

If anybody has a picture of what the bottom of this drum should look like, that would be great!!

I have really been wanting to get ahold of a Dyna-sonic snare so I'm pretty excited about just getting the chance to work on this one.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

You're going to have to find a new bottom hoop. The bracket has the same hole on both sides. Here is a good start of what it should look like. You might be hard pressed to find the bottom hoop, the snare frame looks complete, except for the snare, which you can find Puresound aftermarket replacement. If you're looking to sell it, let me know what you want as is. PM me with a price and maybe we can work something out.

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Does this look like the right bottom??

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

I have that bottom hoop. 40 shipped in the USA. Its excellent.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

Did Rogers wrap their lugs springs in felt?? Should I wrap the lug springs on this drum??

Sorry if that is a dumb question but I can't find a reference on it and all my Slingerland snares have the springs wrapped.

Posted on 16 years ago

None of mine were factory wrapped. Ive never had a rattle problem with them. And I have 15 Rogers snares.

Posted on 16 years ago

Snare frame question..

When I pulled the snares off the snare frame, each end had a very small portion of some kind of black mastic between the frame and the crimped wire holder...

Is anything like that supposed to be there? Is there an adhesive or vibration dampening goo that isolates the wires from the frame or something like that?

I must say, I'm just enjoying the heck out of working on this drum.Excited

Posted on 16 years ago

Remember 8-track tapes?

Remember those little pieces of foam that magically turned to goo after a couple years?

This looks like that.

Posted on 16 years ago

They don't have any on them now... but this drum has obviously seen some miles.

Got my answer... washers... always washers!!

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks... because of where the "goo" was I thought maybe it was a dampener or isolation barrier of some kind. Good to know Rogers stuck it there.

Your Dyna in the picture looks like it has washers on the tension rods... maybe it is just the angle.. are you sure washers are "not a good idea"?

Thanks again for the gooey explanation..Clapping Happy2

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here