Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Music 4 Mutts raffle kit

Hi all, last year I started a fundraiser for our local animal shelter called Music 4 Mutts. My daughter thought of the name and came up with the logo you see on the reso head below. I thought it would be fun to share this project with you guys, I know how you love to look at pictures,lol. I will be needing a few things so please check the wanted threads for my wish list. I purchased a Medium Duty Hardware Pack 4-Piece from Musicians friend stupid deal of the day for 94.00, now I just need to figure out what cymbals I want to give up for the project. I have enough shells to make a nice 3 piece, just have to figure out which ones to use. I will be putting maple veneer on them and a nice stain or dye. One tom has a nice Apollo badge that I wont re-use so if anyone needs it I would trade or sell it. I would love to find a snare drum to add to the kit. I plan to get started on this project soon, I will keep you all posted.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 7 years ago

By the way, I want to thank the guys who have made a donation to this project. Im not sure if they want to be mentioned or not but thanks to them for their generous donations!

I did not ask for donations, they just stepped forward on their own, thanks a bunch, you know who you are!

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 7 years ago

What a cool thing to do Jeff!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 7 years ago

thank you Glenn. Yes this is a fun project indeed. Last year I did it on a last-minute idea and we ended up raising close to $500 and many many items for the shelter it was pretty successful. This year promises to be even bigger we have it more organized and we have some killer bands to play.

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 7 years ago

I have been getting help from members with parts, thank you very much. My plan is to veneer some of the shells pictured above. The red sparkle wrap on these drums is nice but there are too many holes to fill.

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 7 years ago

Are you making a monster double bass, multi tom kit? :D THAT would be cool but $$$ and time. What else are you looking for to add besides a snare and lugs?

Glenn.

Posted on 7 years ago

From FFR428

Are you making a monster double bass, multi tom kit? :D THAT would be cool but $$$ and time. What else are you looking for to add besides a snare and lugs?

No double bass, just showing my stash of drums that I can pick from. Going to use the 13" Apollo tom, the red sparkle 16" floor tom and that bare bass shell (14x22) I think its a Pearl. Might need some hoops, some of these are pretty rusty, I have some spurs that I think will work. Looking for some inexpensive cymbals, hats and crash. For heads I am going to ask my local store to help me out. I have a throne that will work good. Im sure I will think of things as I go but I have most of the parts, still need a snare shell, or a complete snare to wrap. John gifted me a real nice three ply WFL shell when I did his mahogany kit, that would work but I want to keep it because its special. Thanks for asking Glenn!

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 7 years ago

I'll see if I have anything to send. I gave the Grandkids a bunch of stuff so not certain what's left. Will let you know. I'll check what hoops I have too.

Glenn.

Posted on 7 years ago

Thank you Glenn!

Guys, do you think this shell is worth saving? Its the one that all the hardware came from.

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 7 years ago

What other items do you need at this point Jeff?

Curtis

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here