Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Ludwig engraved 15" 10 Lug- help dating

Hey guys, just picked up this Ludwig 15" 10 lug but having trouble figuring out how old it is. has the same throw as my 20s black beauty and other similar features. Here are a few pics, the shot of the logo might be a little blury. ** edit- oh yea, if there is any info you guys could share about this drum that would great appreciated as well.

[IMG]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq178/turbograndprixs/ludwig15.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq178/turbograndprixs/ludiwig15.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 14 years ago

It is probably from the 20's, look in the gallery i have a 5x14" version just like yours!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Snare is from the mid 20's-about 1935..A side story years ago [15]- i sold one i had to Jim Keltner studio great!!.The one i sold was a 4"x15" with "6" lugs, its one he still uses today in alot of his studio work.Jim told me one of the best sounding snares he has..mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

I have a 5 and a 6.5 x 15, same era but the 6 lug. amazing drums. My #1's...

-64 Ludwig Black Oyster Classic kit 22,13,16
-65 Leedy BDP 22,13,16
-65 Ludwig WMP Clubdate 20,12,14
-66 Ludwig Red sparkle Downbeat
-60's Gretsch RB Green Glass 22,13,16
Lots of cymbals, snares and orphans, old and newish
Posted on 14 years ago

Judging by the catalogues, the single flange hoops showed up around 1923. Can we see more photos?

We might be able to narrow the date down some if we can see the type of strainer and its relationship to the Ludwig logo. Where the vent hole is located in relation to the strainer could tell us something too. Is the logo engraved or stamped?

“In fact your pedal extremities are a bit obnoxious”. – Fats Waller
Posted on 14 years ago

My guess would be late 20s.

Posted on 14 years ago

Judging by the catalogues, the single flange hoops showed up around 1923. Can we see more photos? We might be able to narrow the date down some if we can see the type of strainer and its relationship to the Ludwig logo. Where the vent hole is located in relation to the strainer could tell us something too. Is the logo engraved or stamped?

Hey , first, thanks a lot for all the info. I believe the logo is engraved but ill have to look again. (i dont have it in front of me) The vent hole is in the same spot as my BB. Also my camera does not focus too close so ill try to get more pics anyway. Thanks.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hit the little "flower" icon on your camera. That will make for some good closeup shots.

Hope that helps!

-Ad

Posted on 14 years ago

Macro works for me... is that the flower icon?

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

I think the tulip is the universal sign on most digi-cams.

-Ad

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here