Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Ludwig engraved 15" 10 Lug- help dating

well its an iphone so i dont konw if they have a focus.. anyway heres a pic of the throw. Also i did look closer, "Ludwig" is engraved not stamped.

[IMG]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq178/turbograndprixs/download-3.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 14 years ago

It is a 20's model as i originally said. here is a pic of my throw off model #338 Also the logo!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

thebaskit - If you will notice the vent hole is a lug to the left of the strainer. Based on the catalogues again (they may not be the last word here, but might be very good at showing some of the evolution of these snares) this might indicate that the drum was later 20’s as atomicmorganic stated, as the catalogues show the vent in this position in the early 30’s on some drums. The earlier drums I’ve seen have had the vent directly opposite of yours and to me that seems to indicate that in later years they started mounting the strainer in a new spot on the opposite side, and leaving the vent where it was. The position of the logo in relation to the strainer and vent might tell us more too. Your mileage may vary.

“In fact your pedal extremities are a bit obnoxious”. – Fats Waller
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here