Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Ludwig 70's 3 Ply - Restore complete, lot's o pics Last viewed: 10 seconds ago

The last exciting piece was to install the badges. The badges were in very nice shape. I coated the back of the badge with the green contact cement and applied them to the shell using the pressure of the laminant roller.

Here are the freshly applied badges.

Posted on 11 years ago

Now that the badges are on its time to put on the heads and see what this kit sounds like. I put coated Ambassadors on the tops and clear Ambassadors on the bottoms. This bass drum got a clear PS3 on the batter and a white PS3 on the reso.

I have a Ludwig logo on the way for the bass drum head.

I had never played these drums to see what they sounded like. I got them in June of 2011 and just now finished them.

Here is the set put back together.

Posted on 11 years ago

Those look amazing! Hard work pays off!

-Justin

"People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different."- Bob Ross

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music..." - Aldous Huxley
Posted on 11 years ago

Only two words for you & your work...AMAZING & WOW!!!!

Posted on 11 years ago

Man!..L0ts of work paid off...

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 11 years ago

Great job, the silver sparkle looks fantastic on that kit.Clapping Happy2

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 11 years ago

Spectacular results! The kit looks fantastic and I absolutetly agree with your assessment of silver sparkle; it is pretty well timeless.

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 11 years ago

Hey now that was a very nice project. You did a great job of showing the steps and provided some usefull information. But above all, they look fantastic! Great work!

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

Nice job of saving a kit that was destined to get worse and eventually die...

It's ALIVE!!!!

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 11 years ago

Man that's some excellent work you did on those. They look great. Cool1 The Silver sparkle is very classy too. Good job!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here