Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Leedy Knobby Gold Snare Drum

I recently came into possession of a Leedy Snare Drum from the 1920s.

The drum's got what I've been told is knobby gold rims and lugs (8). I've also been told that the strainer on the drum is known as a Leedy Speedway. The heads on the drum are American Rawhide Company (AMRAWCO) calfskins.

There are no tears or rips in the heads and the strainer seems to function as intended.

I'm trying to find out the approximate value of the drum.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!:)

Posted on 17 years ago

Condition is a big factor with these drums. I would post a picture and prior to any cleaning let us see exactly what the drum is.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks, David,

Unfortunately, I don't know how to post a picture on this forum.

Posted on 17 years ago

When you created the post a box came up with lots of little buttons in rows.

You will see a variety of ways to do it.

One is a little paperclip and that will let you take it from your hard drive to the server. You can also provide a link to it if you have it on another area of the Internet, or you can send it to me.

[EMAIL="vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com"]vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com[/EMAIL]

David

Posted on 17 years ago

THANKS for the response, David, and the helpful information.

I'll get right on it!:)

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey, David,

When I tried to post my pics to the forum I was notified that they're too large. I also tried to e-mail a few to the address you provided, but I received a message, stating "undeliverable."

Help!Help

Posted on 17 years ago

Send one at a time and see if that works.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Shall do!

Thanks.

Posted on 17 years ago

Here is the drum

2 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

I saw this drum some where recently. Who ever spray painted it probably reduced the value by 1/2 or so.

I think the buyer will probably be more into the hardware and not the shell since it has been changed.

So a drum like that will probably sell for between $200 and $400 maybe more if two guys want the hardware.

I would PM Rich K and see what he says, he has some Leedy drums in his collection and he is better at pricing these drums.

David

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here