Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

John Molo - Remote Hi-Hat

I was just watching a John Fogarty concert with John Molo on drums. What about the "Remote Hi-Hat" over his bass mounted toms!? I have never seen this before...wow! Who makes the stand? How does it work (mechanically)...right foot, left foot, linkage???

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 14 years ago

Really? Are you serious? DW has been making the remote hi-hat for about 25 years now! :p

Cool1

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm serious, I had never seen a remote hat before. Guess I've lead a sheltered life. So it's DW. Have any of you guys used the remote? Nay comments about it?

Gary G.
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 14 years ago
Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks guys....live and learn.

Gary G.
Posted on 14 years ago

DW is not the only maker of remote hats. Been around for ages. Thing is, not all were created equal. Shop wisely if your looking. I've used several over the years; full remote and X-Hat style. When you try them out, pay specific attention to the cable and linkage. Some have cut corners and some are very well designed.

Posted on 14 years ago

I really don't NEED a remote hi-hat, but it might be fun to experiment with if I could find one at a reasonable price on ebay. I assume that DW makes a good one (?)...how do you feel about TAMA or PEARL?

Gary G.
Posted on 14 years ago

the DW is one if not the best one, let me ask you do you play a large kit, and are you in a progressive jazz or prog rock setting!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

VM2000 - No, I don't play a large kit, just a stock Ludwig Hollywood kit with 3 cymbals and occasionally with a 4th tom...good ol' Rock N' Roll / Blues. Like I said, I don't need a remote hi-hat. It would be just for fun.

Gary G.
Posted on 14 years ago

Actually, there was a new one/company at the Chicago show. Instead of the cable being housed in an outer tube, the cable ran over a couple of pulleys. I have been playing the DW version for 16 years and having broke both (I have 2 on the same kit) in one night, this new one is pretty cool. I have noticed that if you don't rotate the tubing, the cable will start to cut into the outer tubing and then start to bind up, slowing the response. Not an issue with this new one. However, I am not crazy about having to loosen a couple of screws to pack it up...

I will dig up the info....

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here