Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

I found a 1960's Pearl snare drum at work today.

Hello! I was going through an old storage room at work today and I found this old snare drum. I've been doing some research online and the only thing I could tell is that it's from the 1960's.

I would like to know more about this snare. Is it worth any money? Is it rare? Is it Joseph Goebbelss' signature snare drum? I'm grateful for any information about this bad boy...

Here it is:

http://imgur.com/a/yDMIV

Thanks in advance!

/Bill

Posted on 8 years ago

I have an old 70,s Pearl steel shell and I was told to expect no more than 70-80 bucks..What are the plans for your drum?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

Yeah, 60s. Steel shell. Not worth much. What is the deal with the thingy bolted to the mid section? Is that where a muffler should be? Did somebody bolt some of its innards on the outside?

Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

From tris66

Yeah, 60s. Steel shell. Not worth much. What is the deal with the thingy bolted to the mid section? Is that where a muffler should be? Did somebody bolt some of its innards on the outside?

Thanks for replying! What a shame it wasn't worth much. Probably nothing since it's rusty too. ;)

Yeah that thing is for the muffler, and the muffler is still there, but the screw is missing. So that's why there's an empty hole there.

Posted on 8 years ago

Your particular Pearl snare drum uses a Rogers clone muffler. Pearl used these for only a few years...about 1967-68.

-Mark

Posted on 8 years ago

Nice old snare..

These come up around here every mth..Worth $50/60 max..

With the right skins & upgrd wires, these sound good,man long as you don't over tighten .

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 8 years ago

From BillWilliams

Thanks for replying! What a shame it wasn't worth much. Probably nothing since it's rusty too. ;)Yeah that thing is for the muffler, and the muffler is still there, but the screw is missing. So that's why there's an empty hole there.

Well, not worth $$!s or 'not considered collectible' by the average collector doesn't mean it is not a good sounding, useful drum. For some of us weirdos who like MIJ drums... and have a kit that needs a matching snare it has 'value,' but maybe not $$! value. ;)

Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

Welcome to VDF !!

I have a later one. They are fine sounding snares. Yours will clean up quite well. Just no steel wool. Microfiber towels and chrome polish. Interested if you want to sell it.

Thanks!

Creighton

Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 8 years ago

IMHO (having owned 4 of these) that shell is a GREAT sounding shell. Tuned right, it becomes VERY sensitive, and this drum can be very loud. I currently have 2 10-lug Pearl COS snares with this shell. I will never sell them.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks for the interesting replies!! Much appreciated. I played in a progressive rock/metal band from 2006-2016. We split up in February... I live far away from my hometown and I gave the drum kit back to it's owner (my father). It's a red Premier Resonator from 1978 or 1979, if anyone is wondering. Broken dreams :D

I haven't played the drums in a long time and I have no need for the snare anymore.

I might as well sell it. However... I live in Sweden. So shipping will probably cost more than the drum, unless you live in Europe.

Let me know if you're interested in buying it anyway. Inbox me if interested.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here