Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

How I celebrated my 68th birthday!

Hello my VDF family!

To celebrate my 68th birthday on Wednesday, March 16th, my girlfriend and I had dinner reservations at the Mission Inn Restaurant in Riverside, CA. Instead, I spent the next two nights in the hospital for an “unprovoked pulmonary embolism”. I’m here to report that my “episode” had a happy ending and I was discharged Friday afternoon. I’m grateful that my girlfriend, an RN, recognized the symptoms when I said I wasn’t feeling well, with a “tight chest” and pain that radiated to my back below my left shoulder blade. We were already in downtown Riverside and the hospital was only 10 blocks away. Had I been by myself, I would have thought it was a pulled muscle and would have just driven home to relax!

Just wanted to relate my experience to everyone to never take chest pain for granted!!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

We can't do this here without you Mark!

I'm thankful you had a RN for a girlfriend. Please take care and I hope you are over this soon!

-Kurt

1974-75 Rogers Starlighter IV New England White 13/16/22 (w/Dyna)
1964-67 Rogers Blue Glass Glitter 12/14/16/20
early Oaklawn Camco Blue Moire 12/14/20
1926 Super Ludwig 5x14
1960-ish Ludwig COB 5x14 Super Sensitive
1960-ish Ludwig COB 6.5x14 Super Sensitive
1970 Ludwig COB Cut-Badge 5x14 Supra Phonic

Looking for a Camco Aristocrat SD in Blue Moire!!
Posted on 2 years ago

We can't do this here without you Mark!I'm thankful you had a RN for a girlfriend. Please take care and I hope you are over this soon!-Kurt

Kurt!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm feeling much better and thankful is wasn't worse!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

God bless her and you

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

I'm glad you're ok, it sure pays to have a girlfriend that's an RN!

I hope you enjoy the Premier snare.Cool1

Posted on 2 years ago

Glad you are here to report the problem and the happy ending.

Posted on 2 years ago

From jaghog

God bless her and you

Thank you, jaghog!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

From johnnyringo

I'm glad you're ok, it sure pays to have a girlfriend that's an RN! I hope you enjoy the Premier snare.Cool1

jr! Yes, that's she's an RN is a definite bonus! Really looking forward to the Premier 2000, which should be here by Tuesday!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

From amosguy

Glad you are here to report the problem and the happy ending.

amosguy! You couldn't be more right!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

I'm so glad to hear that you're okay, Mark! You are a real inspiration on our forum. You are always so generous with your time and efforts to help fellow-members! Everything you do is done in a positive manner with others always coming first! Take care, sir.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here