Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Hello What year is this 9 piece tama imperialstar drumset? And is it worth it?

I had a monster twin 24s with 8 to 18 in Arctic White ... all double headed. Loved that kit. Lots of fun to play. They really do not sing out, though. They are more the short quick pop. That's why Copeland liked them. Great for lots of percussive pops.

Posted on 13 years ago

From teverson-sr

That is a $300 drum set-cheapo hi-hat and snare stand,scratched-up drum surfaces,concert toms.BUT-a fun set to play if you can get it with some cash for hardware upgrades and new heads.The drums themselves are good.Maybe the drums and $400?And...did your helicopter COST $1000 or is it WORTH $1000?

My helicopter cost me close to 2,000. My radio itself is close to 500 dollars alone. This is a big nitro helicopter. But i'm not including that radio. This

helicopter on the street being couple months old I could get atlest 800 up

to 900 dollars. Now if i sell it with the computerized radio would probably get

1300 dollars or a bit less total. I'm going to see the drum set. I think I am

better off selling this helicopter and then buy a new set. I really want a

electronic drumset because I live in apartments.

Posted on 13 years ago

So what is good skin for these to make it sound like what heavy metal groups sound and rock groups? I'm looking at the aquarian performance 2 but would these sound good with concert toms? http://www.aquariandrumheads.com/products/performance-ii-series

And does the dot make it even deeper? Are concert tom already deeper?

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi..I have go along with what has already been said.You can get a pretty low fumdamental tone with those drums with Reme pinstripes or cs ,and the aquarians are a good choice.The center dot inproves durability and deadens the sound of the head.You will not get much if any sustain.If you had a kit like that in the 80's you were the man.Copeland used the as well as Liberty De Vito for a time.Search youtube for Billy Joel and there is some footage of him on the old grey wistle test ...live footage...so you can get an idea of how the kit will sound.

Just one more thing.....do you really want to play drums?Have you taken lessons ?Sounds like this is your first kit...and this might be a whim.Anyway...good luck and no more than 400 for that kit and NEVER mount a crash cymbal upside down.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here