Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Hello. I can answer questions about Arbiter Drums

The Arbiter Autotune Drums are vintage and quite different from the later Advanced Tuning design that most people are familiar with.

Although these drums are no longer being made, both types of Ivor Arbiters tuning ideas were considered very radical.

If anyone has any questions regarding Arbiter drums, then I would be happy to try and answer them.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

Here is cool website! Enjoy!

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/autotune/

Posted on 18 years ago

Nice site and they are interesting drums. It was nice to see the close up shots of the tuning system and reading the history of the company.

Thanks and I will email him to trade links

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Hi! This sparked off something I'd forgotten about. I have a drum from this range hiding away in my loft - the very same as pictured on that site! So, again, here I am with all the questions and not much advice!

The drum is a floor tom, but sadly is missing a leg and corresponding lug. It has only one hoop at the top, and a modern(ish) skin, not the original. So:

A- would it be worth anything in this condition?

B- is it worth trying to find parts

C- is it better to sell it as it is for restoration?

D are parts hard to find?

Any comments, please reply.

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 18 years ago

brody,

Geez! I'm sorry I missed this post! LOL! I am always so anxious to talk about these drums and then I go and miss your questions! My apologies!:o

A- would it be worth anything in this condition?

Yes! But you must also realize that the market for these drums is extremely "specalized" at the moment (read: Not very many people are interested in them!) ;)

B- is it worth trying to find parts

Yes! If you love the drum and love the design.

C- is it better to sell it as it is for restoration?

Possibly -I can't tell without detailed pictures...

D are parts hard to find?

...parts are difficult to find for older Autotune models...and there were lots of "little" parts that often got lost. Since there are none being made and since the company has pretty much folded, Ebay and certain collectors are probably the only resources for parts. I have only RARELY seen an Autotune drum come up for auction on Ebay. I occasionaly see a newer Advanced Tuning snare drum or VERY occasionaly, a kit.

You could contact the guy at the website and see what he thinks. He is more of an expert on the Autotune drums. My "expertise" favors the newer Advanced Tuning line -which is a completely different mechanism

Posted on 17 years ago

Hello!

I have this Arbiter Autotune snare wich I guess is from older Flats kit because it's 14x2".

My problem is that the other tuning screw and the other snare bracket are missing. (some pictures attached)

Do you know what kind this bracket should be and where I could find these parts?

Should the other bracket be also like the one in a picture 2 & 4 or some kind different?

There is no holes in the shell so I think it hasn't been any kind of normal strainer.

Any kind of other information is also very welcome.

Fabula

Posted on 15 years ago

Hello.

I apologize for not knowing anything about the Flats line(s). There are the Flats Pro (as in your example) and the Flats "Lite". None of the dealers around here in the Pacific NW were interested enough in them to get a set....so I have never actually seen one close up.

The missing tuning screw and snare parts should be fairly easy to order if Flats are still being sold....Are they still being sold?

I wish I could be of more assistance to you. I really can only specifically speak with any kind of authority, on the Arbiter "AT" line of drums that came out in the late 1990's.

I'll search around a bit and see if I can dig up some information for you.

Posted on 15 years ago

Fab,

I found this site. Maybe you could find a contact address somewhere in there. Apparently, they are only making the Flats Lites now. I didn't see anything on the "Pro" line. However, if you can contact someone at Arbiter, I'm sure they could send you some of their old stock parts. It's worth a shot at least. Good luck!

http://www.arbiter.co.uk/flats/index.htm

Posted on 15 years ago

Does anyone know a dealer that sells Arbiter flats in the US???

Posted on 15 years ago

Unfortunately...no. :(

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here