Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Guy Asking $975 For Tempro Set: Is He On Drugs?

From OddBall

So now it went from $300 per drum to $150 per drum. I don`t see $150 per drum there.

Don't forget the Zildjian hats and the hardware and pedals. I'm stashing stuff like this for my grandson when he gets older.

Posted on 7 years ago

I think this played out right.

What happened was pretty much what we should all expect:

No, the MIJ kits will not become as valuable as American.

Yes, MIJ has gained more respect, as most everyone agreed that certain examples are significantly worth more than the 100-300 price tag that MIJ has been (may I say type-casted) for so long now.

We must all realize that price (and indeed selling price) will be determined moreso by the seller and buyer, as opposed to the general market value. What is significant here is the knowledge of the seller and the details (rarity) of the kit. Condition always sways the price one direction or another, but uniqueness of the kit (sizes, colors) will really significantly boost a little MIJ kit to a much more respected price-range.

The seller met his objective: gain attention and get more than a typical MIJ kit selling price. So what if he acted "crazy" with his initial asking price - he knew it would not sell at that price and it gained a thread of attention, and it sold relatively quickly.

One more point I want to make here. Most kits that fall into the typical 100-300 range will be by sellers who don't know any better. The days of finding MIJs at that price at the garage sale or coming to a close. If you have been snagging/ collecting them up over the last 10 years, you are one happy camper. The rare ones with rare colors and sizes - at the garage sale - are pretty much gone. They can still be found, but it will now be a fellow drummer selling it to you, and you won't get it for $100-300.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 7 years ago

John...I can tell you that the seller is a very smart guy who knew what he was doing from the beginning, just as you said. I'm looking forward to meeting him next week. I will post gig pics after I take the drums out if I can.

Posted on 7 years ago

I respectfully disagree. There are SO MANY MIJ sets out there, it will be a long time before the herd thins out. Most folks don't know to this day whats sitting under the stairs, collecting dust, and they could care less.:confused:

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 7 years ago

He said: The days of finding MIJs at that price at the garage sale or coming to a close

''At that price'' is the keyword.

Yes there are still MIJ's left (albeit some in a very bad condition) but they are thinning out and the price is rising.

www.musiqoundsproductions.com
Posted on 7 years ago

DrumBob!

Very glad to know you're the one who got the kit! We're all looking forward to more pictures! Congrats!

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

Awesome, very glad DrumBob scored this set. I'm also happy to hear the seller is not on drugs as I initially suspected. :)The original selling price was absolutely unreasonable, therefore it stands to reason how such a conclusion was made. That he dropped it, and quickly, meant he was indeed serious about selling, at obviously a much more reasonable price.

Vintage kits:
1969 Rogers Holiday - black diamond pearl (20/16/13/12)
196x Star (Lyra/Majestic) - blue sparkle pearl (22/14/13) Restoration Project
1987 Pearl KC-3500 - jet black (22/16/13/12)
Not-so-vintage kits:
2007 Hart Dynamics Professional 6.4 e-kit / Roland TDW-20
Snares:
60s Gretsch 5x14 maple WMP / 68 Ludwig 5x14 Supraphonic / 93 Pearl 3x14 Free Floating brass piccolo / 60s Star (Lyra) 5x14 luan blue sparkle pearl / 87 Pearl 6.5x14 steel
Posted on 7 years ago

There's a Tempro on my local craigslist for $100 Cdn ! Missing a few parts, but still worth it !

Posted on 7 years ago

From DrumBob

Don't forget the Zildjian hats and the hardware and pedals. I'm stashing stuff like this for my grandson when he gets older.

I see your point, those are double braced so at least $50 resale. Are the hats 15`s ?

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 7 years ago

From OddBall

I see your point, those are double braced so at least $50 resale. Are the hats 15`s ?

14"s I think. He said they're pretty old and thin but in nice shape, so I'll keep them aside as spares, then give them to my grandson someday.

In addition, there's the Slingerland kick pedal and a hi-hat stand, although I don't know the maker. The hardware itself is definitely worth money, as you said. I'm very pleased with the deal the seller and I made. Picking them up Weds.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here