Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Got another kit!

Today was PACKAGE DAY!!! I took delivery of another neato drum kit. This time the stork blessed me with a 1970 Ludwig Standard. I was unsure if I would like the kit 'cause I'm not an Oyster finish or coated inside kind of guy. But, this kit looks pretty cool. It's got a deep blue marine pearl swirled in with a wonderful white marine pearl amidst some black. Not what I was expecting. That's a good thing. Anyway, check out the finish. Pardon my limited camera quality. It came with all the original hardware and such. It's a complete kit! The bearing edges look like they did when they left the factory. Unbelievable. I'll clean it up and post a pic fairly soon. I love Summer...

I saw one of these in Gold Strata. Wow. If you have a Gold Strata kit...lucky duck!

Posted on 15 years ago

Very nice, have fun with it!!

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

Sounds cool. Looks like yo finally got that standard Ludwig.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

Wow, I wish I had this Blue oyster white marined pearl kit! Your the Lucky Duck! lol we're all pretty blessed huh?

From mcjnic

Today was PACKAGE DAY!!! I took delivery of another neato drum kit. This time the stork blessed me with a 1970 Ludwig Standard. I was unsure if I would like the kit 'cause I'm not an Oyster finish or coated inside kind of guy. But, this kit looks pretty cool. It's got a deep blue marine pearl swirled in with a wonderful white marine pearl amidst some black. Not what I was expecting. That's a good thing. Anyway, check out the finish. Pardon my limited camera quality. It came with all the original hardware and such. It's a complete kit! The bearing edges look like they did when they left the factory. Unbelievable. I'll clean it up and post a pic fairly soon. I love Summer...I saw one of these in Gold Strata. Wow. If you have a Gold Strata kit...lucky duck!

1960's SONOR 12-16-20-14 blue slate pearl
1968 LUDWIG 12-13-16-22-14Sky blue P
1972 LUDWIG 12-13-16-22-14BlueVistalite
1972 LUDWIG 12-13-16-22-(14 impostor)BlackPanther "SOLD"
1964 Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl 22-12-13-16-14Supra "SOLD"
1969 LUDWIG 12-13-16-22-14 Citrus Mod "SOLD"
1969 LUDWIG Sexto-Plus 8-1 0-12-13-14-15-16-20-20-14 Silver Sparkle
60's Majestic Delux 12-13-16-22-14 red pearl
2009 Homemade Kids 8-10-13-16-12 Orange Sparkle
24 kits, 80 Snares, 65 Cymbals
Don't tell my wife!
Posted on 15 years ago

WOW! That Chrome and finish looks like new on that snare. I bet they sound great. Looking forward to some pics. Good luck with them baby's.

Keep on Pl

Posted on 15 years ago

If you decide to disassemble them for a thorough cleaning and polishing, be very careful wem reassembling them, especially with the lugs. Standard/Rocker II lugs are notorious for the threaded mounting points to both strip threads and also to break off of the actual casing. Snug and no tighter! or, you will be hunting ebay for replacement lugs.....

Posted on 15 years ago

amazing. i actually love the looks of the standards, i own a gold strata snare (see pic) sounds great and looks fab. wished i had the whole kit....

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]Anyone remember THIS thread ?????flower[/COLOR]

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=6044

M[COLOR="Indigo"]cJ...nice score...when those are in decent shape, they really look fantastic.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Another pic of the finish. Got my real digital camera up and running.

Kit should clean up well. Had to do a minor repair job on it. Polishing it today. Put the Rogers kit aside. If anyone is interested in the Rogers kit (my Kent connection - hint hint) let me know. I'm not going to finish that one. I don't like the wrap (never could stand silver sparkle) and I know you guys would hang me for changing it, so it's going.

Posted on 15 years ago

Just wondering what you're currently asking for the silver sparkle Rogers kit?

Any close-up pics?

THANKS!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here