Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Good buy for $5 - Tempro Snare

Jay I just bought a chrome eight lug Tempro but not Tempro Pro snare for $25

It is maybe a little cleaner but has a newer C.B.drums strainer and butt gaffed on to it Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Posted on 8 years ago

Ugh that's no good!

Finally got mine in the mail today, got it cleaned up and re-headed. For now I was able to fir the butt tensioner back on with two small zip ties. The little piece fits through the hole, and I think I need to have someone do a small tack weld and it'll be fine. The chrome wasn't coming up, just rust.Man does it sound awesome. This may be a new favorite.

Sorry the photos aren't the best. I'll snap some more tomorrow.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

What heads did you decide on? I have always stuck with the standard - Remo Amb coated top and clear bottom (snare side, sometimes 'hazy' - not sure of any difference when called a hazy).

If you ran with something different, can you describe the difference for me before I waste any money on any heads?

Thanks,

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

I've got the standard Ambassador on bottom ( had one sitting around in really good shape ) and went with the Evans ST dry on top. One of the few Evans heads I really love. Gives the snare a great sound and has a great feel and response. The little air holes around the circumference really give the snare a dry sound, but for me at least it is spot on. The other bottom head I'll g with is the Evans 300 snare side. 3mm head, very sensitive.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here