Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

converting a 3-ply re-ring luddy tom shell to snare?

Well, that is a sweet looking snare, but how does it sound?

Where did you get the veneer? I use either www.certainlywood.com or www.theveneerstore.com For wood hoops and if I want Keller shells or even re-rings, (I think that was where I got them), it is www.aitwood.com For hardware and other parts, I stop off at www.drumfactorydirect.com before even thinking about the other guys. Matt is just the best at one thing I value above almost anything else, and that is taking care of the main asset, the customer. At Matt's, you are number 1, not profit.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

From jonnistix

Well, that is a sweet looking snare, but how does it sound? Where did you get the veneer? I use either www.certainlywood.com or www.theveneerstore.com For wood hoops and if I want Keller shells or even re-rings, (I think that was where I got them), it is www.aitwood.com For hardware and other parts, I stop off at www.drumfactorydirect.com before even thinking about the other guys. Matt is just the best at one thing I value above almost anything else, and that is taking care of the main asset, the customer. At Matt's, you are number 1, not profit.

It sounds better than i had hoped.. but im still tweaking heads/tuning/snares, etc.. im very happy with it being my first project though. i got the veneer from www.veneersupplies.com. 13" x 96" for $25. i browsed around until i found the best looking sheet for the best price in the size i needed, that dictated the species. I even have enough left over for a 14" snare.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here