Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

clamp on spurs

Does anyone have a pair for sale,or know if they are still available on the market?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

Precision drum carries them and they are reasonable.....

Posted on 14 years ago

I have some nice vintage Premier ones. pm if interested.

Posted on 14 years ago

From wayne

Does anyone have a pair for sale,or know if they are still available on the market?

Wayne what Brand drum is it for? I have a few pair!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi - I have a related question... I recently acquired a pair of Ludwig clamp on spurs but the angle of the spurs is "wrong" -- when clamped on to a hoop, they're about pointing forward too much by about 30 degrees angle! Thus they point out in the air, and not toward the floor. The metal spurs themselves do not swivel to adjust to a different angle.

I was hoping to use clamp on spurs to further stabilize a 1957 Ludwig bass drum's "folding" spurs. This is my first foray into clamp on spurs. I already have a vintage Ludwig front of bass drum anti-creep gizmo; I was hoping the clamp ons would add another layer of solidity to the setup.

These wrong-way spurs are in mint condition, with the late-60's, early 70's underline Ludwig logo. Could it be that such spurs were for something other than a bass drum? Maybe they're a factory "mistake?" They look similar to the bass drum spurs that Precision Drum sells, but the angle is as described above.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Posted on 14 years ago

From DrummerCT

Hi - I have a related question... I recently acquired a pair of Ludwig clamp on spurs but the angle of the spurs is "wrong" -- when clamped on to a hoop, they're about pointing forward too much by about 30 degrees angle! Thus they point out in the air, and not toward the floor. The metal spurs themselves do not swivel to adjust to a different angle. I was hoping to use clamp on spurs to further stabilize a 1957 Ludwig bass drum's "folding" spurs. This is my first foray into clamp on spurs. I already have a vintage Ludwig front of bass drum anti-creep gizmo; I was hoping the clamp ons would add another layer of solidity to the setup.These wrong-way spurs are in mint condition, with the late-60's, early 70's underline Ludwig logo. Could it be that such spurs were for something other than a bass drum? Maybe they're a factory "mistake?" They look similar to the bass drum spurs that Precision Drum sells, but the angle is as described above.Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

can you post a pic of your spurs? thanks

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

thanks,

yes - will be able to do tomorrow.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi - here's the photos of the Ludwig spurs. I'll be curious about your opinions as to their design. They seem incorrectly angled. Interestingly, the logos are similar style, but different size. On one of the photos, the spurs are clamped to the hoop of the '57 Ludwig 20" bass drum - this gives a view of the "wrong" angles. Now, conceivably I've mounted them incorrectly - that being said...

Posted on 14 years ago

Those look like they would go on the batter side hoop.

Posted on 14 years ago

From DrummerCT

Hi - here's the photos of the Ludwig spurs. I'll be curious about your opinions as to their design. They seem incorrectly angled. Interestingly, the logos are similar style, but different size. On one of the photos, the spurs are clamped to the hoop of the '57 Ludwig 20" bass drum - this gives a view of the "wrong" angles. Now, conceivably I've mounted them incorrectly - that being said...

did you buy them seperate,or did they come off a kit, try one of the spurs on the other side of the rim, you may have two of the same sides!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here