Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

CB 700 Drums

Hey guys, I'm trying to find out what the value of this 70's Cb700 kit might be, 13,14,16,22,14.

Thanks.

1 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago

250 on a good day

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

I have almost the same kit 12" 13" rather 13" 14" with 16" ft 22" bass same color

the drums are in super nice shape but no snare in the deal I paid 75.00 via local Craig's List

That kit of yours looks a year or two newer according to the spurs and tom arms

All that said 250.00 with the snare would be about right me thinks.

1 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago

From Kenwood

I have almost the same kit 12" 13" rather 13" 14" with 16" ft 22" bass same color the drums are in super nice shape but no snare in the deal I paid 75.00 via local Craig's ListThat kit of yours looks a year or two newer according to the spurs and tom arms All that said 250.00 with the snare would be about right me thinks.

How do they sound? Are the made from the luan mahogany? This guy wants to trade that kit for my Whitehall and he'll throw in $100 or a vintage 18" Zildian crash.

I asked him to throw in both.

Posted on 2 years ago

I’d keep the Tiger eye Whitehall’s over the CB700. They’re just a way cooler finish that’s harder to find IMO.

I believe they’re both made by Pearl technically.

Posted on 2 years ago

Those CB700 drums will never be collectable. Any of the old MIJ drums will be more valuable and more collectable. I wouldn't trade.

Posted on 2 years ago

Ya, I'm not going to do it, thanks guys.

Posted on 2 years ago

late to the party but I mostly agree with the other guys

The tiger's eye pearl finish is more collectable for sure and absolutely one of my favorites.

But IMO the wristwatch lugged C.B. 700 kits have some collectability also.

most of them were either solid colors or sparkle finishes so the appeal is more about those crazy looking lugs

and perhaps less about the wraps .

This kit pictured in the raw was rusted and filthy when saved from someone's trash

They will eventually be wrapped in something unique.

3 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago

Ya, the lugs are the reason I was interested in the CB700 kit and if he threw in $100 and a cymbal, I thought it might be a good trade.

How do they sound?

Posted on 2 years ago

Johnny They sound good much like a Pearl Export with decent heads

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here