Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

CB 700 Drums

From thin shell

Those CB700 drums will never be collectable. Any of the old MIJ drums will be more valuable and more collectable. I wouldn't trade.

Couldn't agree more. Daddy's Junky Music in New England must have sold thousands of those kits for next to nothing - maybe $250 new.

Posted on 2 years ago

From Kenwood

late to the party but I mostly agree with the other guysThe tiger's eye pearl finish is more collectable for sure and absolutely one of my favorites.But IMO the wristwatch lugged C.B. 700 kits have some collectability also. most of them were either solid colors or sparkle finishes so the appeal is more about those crazy looking lugs and perhaps less about the wraps . This kit pictured in the raw was rusted and filthy when saved from someone's trash They will eventually be wrapped in something unique.

The wristwatch lugged ones are probably a bit more valuable than the later generic lug CB700s, but they are nowhere close to a vintage MIJ kit. Not even in the same ballpark.

Posted on 2 years ago

By the way, if you buy them you could do this:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plBSFYnNJno"]Drum Kit made from Reclaimed Closet Doors - I've made a full band! - YouTube[/ame]

Posted on 2 years ago

Very interesting video. As he said, it's a lot of work and time, but a learning experience and a personal satisfaction having completed it. Besides having some skill at woodworking to begin with, having an existing shop and machines as he has are key factors in the success of a project like this. Also kinda shows that lower level drums or even scrap wood from which to build a drum can still produce a decent kit, especially with the variety of drum heads and muffling which have been developed through the past number of decades. Boston emphasized on their third album (Third Stage) that off-branded drums can sound good, especially with recording equipment sound effects.

Posted on 2 years ago

I can speak for CB-700 metal snares. I found one in the trash after my 506 got lifted and after a spray painting and head changes, the rest sounded very good. I played it for about 15 years with my Phonics. Got a 506 now and keeping the CB snare.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 2 years ago

My vote is to keep the Whitehalls.

Mike

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here