Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Capri Radio King 3 point strainer help

I just got a Capri Radio King snare drum that needs some part or parts for the 3 point strainer - I am totally unfamiliar with this but have posted some pictures. Could anyone could identify the pieces I am missing.

This drum has a Niles badge with no serial number.

Thanks Mike

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

I just found out by looking in the Slingerland Book by Rob Cook that the strainer on this Capri Radio King is a Leedy version 3 point strainer (or at least the part with the diamond shape hole is). Now my question would be -

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE HOLES FOR THE SLINGERLAND 3 POINT STRAINER LISTED ON EBAY MATCH UP WITH THE LEEDY VERSION?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270101336862&rd=1&rd=1

Posted on 17 years ago

Yes, they both are one in the same...

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks Vadrums - I appreciate the info. Mike

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I just found out by looking in the Slingerland Book by Rob Cook that the strainer on this Capri Radio King is a Leedy version 3 point strainer (or at least the part with the diamond shape hole is). Now my question would be -DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE HOLES FOR THE SLINGERLAND 3 POINT STRAINER LISTED ON EBAY MATCH UP WITH THE LEEDY VERSION?http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270101336862&rd=1&rd=1

Rob Cook made an error...the "diamond" was not just used for Leedys...it's there so you can tighten the mounting screw without removing the part.

On the ebay auction, the tension knob is from a much older snare than yours and it looks "buffed"...although it should still work.

Posted on 17 years ago

Rich,

Am I missing something else besides the tensioning knob & screw? It seems like it needs to be mounted to something stationary on the bracket

Posted on 17 years ago

It looks like it to me.

Lay the parts out and then take the picture. You have nice pictures, but

it would be nice to see what parts you actually have and it is hard for me to tell from the photo.

I have a bunch of 3-point strainer images and a few in the collection that I have cleaned up and worked on.

Parts is another story.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

David

There appears to be only 2 parts.

1. The 3 point Bracket attached to the shell with the throw off arm

2. The sliding piece that attaches to the snare wires and has the knob with the threaded hole for the tension screw.

I will get pics in an hour, my wife has me on an errand right now.

Thanks Mike

Posted on 17 years ago

It seems like there should be something else to the strainer?

Posted on 17 years ago

Mike,

Your looking for the screw adjuster slide that fits between the snare holder and the 3-point base piece...

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here