Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Good morning, By chance does anyone know if there is any small possibility that any original wrap material exists? (I know probably dreaming) I have a 100% original Oaklawn Camco Kit, every tension rod, washer and shell is untouched. Even the drum key is still in the snare drum. BUT.. The wrap is literally falling off the bass drum. There are a few splits in the wrap of the toms but still look good. It pains me to think I have to remove/molest the immaculate badges/grommets to re wrap the kit. Keep it original or wrap it? Thanks in advance!

Posted on 8 years ago

If there was ever a shout out for "picture please!!" this is the time.

What kind of wrap? We'e all Camco lovers here so indulge us please...

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 8 years ago

Yes pictures please. Maybe the wrap could be saved. It just needs to be re glued to the shell?

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 8 years ago

for what ever reason I can only get this one picture to load. I have a message into the Webmaster. I will try to upload the snare drum and the suspect bass drum. As you can see the drums are in fairly good shape. Except for the usual small separation in the connection joint in the reinforcement ring the interiors are beautiful. All drums are in the round. (There is a 14" tom to this set not pictured because I did not have time to clean it for the requested images. It is in the same condition.) The wrap on the bass drum is not in survivable condition. So that's what creates the big question? Snare, FT and toms original...(heads and snare wires are replaced) The kick is a mess. (The interior is beautiful) I will continue to try and get images up. Sorry for the delay. Cheers.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

If you have to wrap the bass drum try contacting member compactdrums,

he might be able to produce a new wrap for you. If he could get the wrap close, I would leave the others and just wrap the bass drum, I think.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 8 years ago

Rare finish and it is prone to splitting. jccabinets advice looks good. I had no idea anyone could reproduce that kind of wrap. Will be interesting to see the outcome if that is possible.

As to an original piece of that wrap, that is going to be a hard to find item. For a bass drum, you'd need a whole sheet or more. Keep in mind during your search that Rogers and Slingerland both used that wrap too. You might also check with Lawton Drums. I seem to recall that he's one guy that has succeeded to remove wrap from drums in one piece.

Posted on 8 years ago

Those 3 drums looks amazing of course. Can't wait to see the bass.

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 8 years ago

Here's a image of the kick drum. As you can see the wrap is literally falling off. There are several sections with clear tape to keep it together. Drum is in the round and the interior immaculate.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Snare drum and toms... Sorry guys, I have to load one image at a time...

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Drums with badges...

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here