Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Camco 18/12/14 bop kit ~ all orphans

Me, I would love to find a silver sparkle 18”...but in reality I would take just about any old Oaklawn/Chanute 18”, random wrap or no wrap at all, holes or no holes. I just want a player one as an alternative to my 20”.

Posted on 6 years ago

From Osahead2

Wow, nice... really... how cool was that. Your uncle? Did you get tired of them? What size were they? I will say this Oaklawn Camco gold sparkle drums are extremely had to find well actually pretty much all Camco colors are very hard to find but gold sparkle and a few other colors are nearly impossible to find. During this project, I passed on a few GS drums that were in larger sizes... smaller drums were expensive.

I was 7 i think, I played the snot out of them then unwrapped them a few years later and spray painted them black.... DOH O man it kills me to think of this.... last thing I remember is mom pitching them out for trash pick up......

Posted on 6 years ago

Oh boy, I better make sure, I keep all seven year old boys far away from my Camco collection before something gets stripped & sprayed painted...

~ A true Gretsch & Camco fanatic ~
Posted on 6 years ago

Yeah, my drum room stayed locked until my kids went to college! lol

Posted on 6 years ago

Both of my original bass drum hoops needed a lot of work but they are almost completed. I'm so excited to finally get this project behind me. I can't wait to post the finished product.

Posted on 6 years ago

After many hours of cleaning & polishing the wrap and getting both bass drum hoops restored she is finally finished and ready to play!

I'm totally satisfied how everything turned out.

Posted on 6 years ago

Nicely restored Camco bass drum hoops.

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here