Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Camco 18/12/14 bop kit ~ all orphans

What started my mad search for Camco gold sparkle orphan drums was this beautiful original 6ply Oaklawn 14x14 floor tom... that came to me out of the blue...

Because of rarely seen gold sparkle, I assumed it would take me several years to find anything but thankfully it only took me a little over three years... a few bucks... and several drum trades in between... but nonetheless, I'm very happy with my results so far just a few small details to finish it.

All the Camco drums to complete this post-1965 18/12/14 bop kit are all original 6ply orphan drums.

~ A true Gretsch & Camco fanatic ~
Posted on 6 years ago

Very cool!

Posted on 6 years ago

Exactly what I have been looking for! How much?! Yes Sir

Posted on 6 years ago

From drpepper

Exactly what I have been looking for! How much?!

lol this beauty is NFS but, I do have others... if you are really serious PM me oh just so you know Camco kits are not cheap...

Posted on 6 years ago

I know they're not cheap now.... they were alot cheaper when my uncle gave me a kit just about identical to the one you have there, about 44 or 45 years ago.... I'm looking for a gold (orange)sparkle kit, just like yours......

Posted on 6 years ago

From drpepper

I know they're not cheap now.... they were alot cheaper when my uncle gave me a kit just about identical to the one you have there, about 44 or 45 years ago.... I'm looking for a gold (orange)sparkle kit, just like yours......

Wow, nice... really... how cool was that. Your uncle? Did you get tired of them? What size were they?

I will say this Oaklawn Camco gold sparkle drums are extremely had to find well actually pretty much all Camco colors are very hard to find but gold sparkle and a few other colors are nearly impossible to find. During this project, I passed on a few GS drums that were in larger sizes... smaller drums were expensive.

Posted on 6 years ago

I cannot believe you were able to assemble all those drums, even in three years. I haven't seen that many gold sparkle Camcos together since the days when they were originally made, and an 18, 12, 14, 14 set-up to boot!!!

Sweet.

drpepper - brace yourself. Yes Sir

Posted on 6 years ago

Wow, congrats! Very envious...hen’s teeth indeed.

Posted on 6 years ago

Magnificent! They match perfect and look brand new. Congrats on getting your project complete!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 6 years ago

From Sweets

Wow, congrats! Very envious...hen’s teeth indeed.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like them and the hen's teeth statement is so correct...

My entire time searching for these has been really thrilling. For me getting that drum depends on several factors like condition and price and if I'm willing to pay or not.... or to trade or not... or both in some cases to get that last matching drum but what a thrill it is.

But nonetheless, I might be a very old man before any 3D 18" bass drums pops up available for adoption.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here