Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Another MIJ find

What do you experts think of this one!

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/msg/2492467197.html

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 13 years ago

Id love to own that kit because..........well,just because!Walking

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

Is what's pictured everything that's included?If what's pictured is $200-:(

Run of the mill color,six lug F.T. I would have to THINK about paying $100.Just a blah set.Maybe if the chrome was perfect (yeah right).And the double rail mount doesn't allow close tom mounting.Now,if it was red diamond pearl,root beer swirl,or black diamond pearl,something unique...

Please understand that these are OPINIONS-but resale prices on standard issue MIJ's are not great AT ALL.THAT is not an opinion.

Posted on 13 years ago

Really! well thats why I ask your oppinions. You will never hurt my feelings, you are telling me your honest oppinion and thats what we want here. Thank you! I can get em for 100. but it would be a drive. So now I am not too worried about them. Thanks again, I really do appreciate your response.

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 13 years ago

$100 is good "experiment" money.Someone should jump in here-I think Gamble was some sort of Canadian midwest retail-catalog chain,like Western Auto.Be sure and ask if anything else is laying around,even if it's broken or incomplete.I bank every piece I can get,and it's saved me on many occasions.

Posted on 13 years ago

It really depends on what you want out of a drum set. $100 bucks for 5 drums is almost always going to be a pretty good deal. At $200, for those, I wouldn't be very interested, either. But it depends. I already have a whole bunch of MIJs and have worked on a ton of them in the past couple years. I have drums that I've fixed up and I now play. Some people want to buy a vintage set that is ready to go gig that night. These might be a good project set, if that's what you're after.

It's all about what you're looking for.

By the way, from the little I can tell in the photos, this looks like a Star made set. Not a usual badge, but nothing particularly special. The snare, an 8 lug, has the potential to clean up and sound pretty good.

Posted on 13 years ago

If i lived 20-30 miles away I would look at it in person and decide if I want to pay 100 for it. This kit is 160 miles from here. I do like road trips but thinking about it, I am not buying this to play or keep for myself. I just want to restore it then sell it for what I got into it. It sounds like to me that the Japan drum market is very slow. I dont want to be stuck with the things. I have just sold a kit that I wrapped with mahogany and have a few hundred bucks to buy another project kit so I am ready to buy a new project kit. I think I will be more patient and see what else comes up. Although on the other hand I can drive the 160 miles and get this kit plus another MIj Stewart kit in the same trip. Spending a total of 200 for the two kits. Most likley I will not make the trip and wait and see what comes up alittle closer, after all isnt the shopping/finding part of this hobbie part of the fun?

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 13 years ago

With a rare badged Star made set like that it looks complete no missing parts.I would offer up to 150.00-{start at 100.00}- over the phone and see what they say...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

Here's pix of everything but the 'Remo' head... why bother?

fishwaltz
Posted on 13 years ago

From teverson-sr

$100 is good "experiment" money.Someone should jump in here-I think Gamble was some sort of Canadian midwest retail-catalog chain,like Western Auto.Be sure and ask if anything else is laying around,even if it's broken or incomplete.I bank every piece I can get,and it's saved me on many occasions.

Kinda off the subject,but I remember Gambles.Never knew they sold drums but mom would buy all my GI Joe stuff from there.

OK......back to the drums. If you could get it for $100.ok

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here