Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

6.5"x14" 3-ply Mahogany Super-Sensitive

Squint - my digital cam has been on the fritz. I've been dying to make some sound sample vids of the Camco's, the pre-serial luddies and the RB kit. Now, this new snare as well. I've got some coin due me at the end of the year. I'll buy a new videocam and post up some video/sound files to You Tube. I'll post them here for sure. And... I'll actually play them for you! I hate drum videos where you get a visual tour of the drums, but the guy never picks up a stick and hits them so you can hear what they sound like. Who wants to just 'look at' drums? Sound files as soon as I'm able. I have a good set of mics too.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

Wow, what a beautiful drum! Nice to see hard work and patience pay off. That is one gorgeous snare. Congratulations!

-Jeff

Posted on 11 years ago

Beautiful job Purdie,

would love to hear a soundfile,, Just curious though.. could you still smell the Eucalyptus when working with the veneer..?

(I live amongst those trees)

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 11 years ago

From longjohn

Beautiful job Purdie,would love to hear a soundfile,, Just curious though.. could you still smell the Eucalyptus when working with the veneer..?(I live amongst those trees)CheersJohn

LOL - No! The scent was long gone before I got it. I bought that piece of veneer several years ago on ebay with the intention of using it on a future project. Who knew it would take years before I found a project drum worthy of using it on. It really looks rich in person. The figure on that wood is nothing short of beautiful. Has real depth to it.

John

Posted on 11 years ago

From mlayton

beautiful job as always john. thats something special there! very nice...mike

Geez, Mike I'm so sorry, I clean forgot to include you in my thank you's!

My good friend, Mike supplied the vintage 10 hole batter hoop for the drum. It's (as you can see,) a nice, clean, 60's Ludwig hoop.

Thank you, buddy!

John

Posted on 11 years ago

John,

WOW. Looks good!

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 11 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

Geez, Mike I'm so sorry, I clean forgot to include you in my thank you's! My good friend, Mike supplied the vintage 10 hole batter hoop for the drum. It's (as you can see,) a nice, clean, 60's Ludwig hoop. Thank you, buddy!John

in your accent...."what am i, friggin chopped liver now or what??!!"LoLoLoLo

you are quite welcome. glad it went to a worthy project john. i bought it to replace the die cast batter on the bronze that i got from you. bronze sounds too good to mess with though!

Happy Thanksgiving buddy. thats quite a drum...

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

Man John, that is just a stunning snare drum! Wow! That wood is just beautiful!! Great work as always. I just love it. Tommy

Posted on 11 years ago

> That wood is just beautiful!

Tommy, it's a Eucalyptus veneer over a vintage 3-ply mahogany shell. It is a beautiful piece of wood which is what made me pull the trigger when I first saw it. I bought it knowing that one day, the perfect project would come along where I could put it to good use. I love the way it looks on the drum. Rich...

John

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here