Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

'20s Ludwig & Ludwig

I posted this once in a thread, and thought maybe it should be here as well. There are two Chinese toms, and one is a Leedy, but everything else is L&L (AFAIK). Olympic drums were of immeasurable help in restoring and assembling the kit. I had a tattoo artist reproduce the artwork from an original '20s design. It's a blast to play, and I'll be recording with it soon. Lots of elbow grease went into it, but only to a certain extent. I like the fact that it looks its age.

Thanks for having a look.

Stephen

Vintage Drum Student
Posted on 11 years ago

I flat out LOVE it! Thanks for sharing the story and the pic!

Posted on 11 years ago

That is soooo cool...great kit!

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 11 years ago

Great old trap kit. What style of music are you using them for in your recording? I love the cocoanuts! I played a set of those many years ago and had a blast with them.

Enjoy,

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

John, I compose music from different eras, and have a '20s-themed tune that I'm going to use them on. That said, my main impetus in assembling the kit was to have fun playing it.

Take care.

Stephen

Vintage Drum Student
Posted on 11 years ago

Like right out of a history book. Nice job. The traps table is priceless.

Used to have two sets of those Zildjian HH cymbals. (Don't ask where they went, I can't forgive myself.)

Enjoy the heck out of those!

B

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 11 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous Cool1

Posted on 11 years ago

Lovely!!

Nice vintage drum setYes Sir

Posted on 11 years ago

From AZBill

Like right out of a history book. Nice job. The traps table is priceless.Used to have two sets of those Zildjian HH cymbals. (Don't ask where they went, I can't forgive myself.)Enjoy the heck out of those!B

I didn't know those were Zildjian HH cymbals, so thanks for the info. Just out of frame is a L&L 'Sizzler' cymbal. I don't know what the other cymbals are.

Thanks for the comments.

Stephen

Vintage Drum Student
Posted on 11 years ago

From LevonPurdie-StarrGadd

Absolutely gorgeous Cool1

Thank you sir. They're very fun to play as well.

Stephen

Vintage Drum Student
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here