Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1978 Tama Superstar

Shellacs a great material to work with. Nice one. And in Oz too.

You probably know this, but don't put anything even slightly heavy on the finished shellac for another six months or so until it cures properly otherwise you'll have beer can impressions or whatever showing up in the lacquer.

Posted on 10 years ago

Love the Spartan HW too, along with the 1st generation single tom holder! Did you re-do the hoops?

Never play it the same way once.
Posted on 10 years ago

My late mother redid the hoops in about 1983 so I was reluctant to touch them. thats why they are slightly darker than the shells,I tried to match them but didn't succeed.

A bit of history behind this kit…….. It was made up for Steve Prestwich the drummer from Cold Chisel, famous Ausie rock band ( check them out on tube). When I bought It, It had been professionally refinished in a matt black colour at Steve's request. He played them at about four gigs then decided he didn't like the colour after all, so another kit in the same config was put together for him in the natural finish at Billy Hydes drum clinic in Sydney, which is where I bought this one. The black finish looked cool, but after all these years I decided to take them back to original.

Should have taken pics of the stripping process but didn't think of it at the time, never mind!

Stevo.

"It's Charlie Watts' band
Without him we wouldn't have a group"

Keith Richards
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here