Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

1973 Londoner V

Late in 2010 I purchased a Supreme hi-hat stand to replace the one that came with the set. The chrome just below the cymbal had flaked on the original and represented the most significant wear on the set.

The new stand however came with one problem. The nut on the tilter screw was missing. Today the NOS screw/nut arrived. Well the nut did. The screw originally came weeks ago without the nut. Today the seller made right!!

Attached is a shot of the new nut placed on top of the Flange titler bushing.

I have seen the nut mounted below the flange, I assume to lock the screw in position. Mounting the nut above the flange solves the problem that the threads in the flange (if there are supposed to threads) are stripped and the screw will not raise the cymbal without the nut on top to allow the screw to thread and draw upward.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your comment :-)

1 attachments
Rogers, Rogers and Rogers.
In that order.
Oh and Zildjian and Ludwig.
And this ash tray.
Posted on 13 years ago

I can see that this topic is not falling in line with the intent of the "Drum Image Gallery". I will move to another section more appropriate. Sorry. Last comment... the tom heads arrived today !!!

1 attachments
In that order.
And this ash tray.
Posted on 13 years ago
In that order.
And this ash tray.
Posted on 12 years ago

Very cool! so what is that white drum throne anyways, I love it!

www.brendanpeleolazar.com
Posted on 12 years ago

Thank you !

The throne is a of the type you would find in a Dr. Office. I found it in a second hand store in southern NJ years ago and it found new purpose after I got the Rogers. It is in mint condition, well constructed, adjustable, comfortable and terribly stationary in a 1973 thick shag rug.. It is my solution for now.

In that order.
And this ash tray.
Posted on 12 years ago

Progress report on a sunny day.

It is a busy weekend but I wanted to bring the kit out to the sun room for a few shots to show the progress. Nothing like sun light to reveal the hours of effort.

http://www.williamkerr.com/DSC06077.JPG

Here is one and will post more on the restoration page.

1 attachments
In that order.
And this ash tray.
Posted on 12 years ago

They look Great Bowing

Someday I hope to own a set of Rogers.

Good Luck with them, Cool1

Posted on 12 years ago

Excellent, brother !!

Kevin
Posted on 12 years ago

Nice detailing job. There's no way around the elbow grease...;)

kellyj

"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing..."
Posted on 12 years ago

Hi. This kit looks awesome. Just wanted to give you some kudos. I have a londoner myself which I owned since 1977. It has been regularly used and the toms and kick are still in very good condition and have maintained that distinctive "Rogers" sound. However, along the way I have parted with some hardware peices and am now looking to "find" them again. Before I proceed I want to fully (as possible) identify the model year of my kit. My hardware matches that found in the 1970 catalog but is different from the 1973 catalog. So I am trying to find 1971 and 1972 catalogs to compare and review. Once I make a reasonable determination of year I will then attempt to obtain the "rocket" base pedal, Hi-Hat, Sta-tite drum stand (for Snare), and a Snare drum (Dyna-sonic COB or PowerTone depending on model year). I will pe putting up pictures of set as is today in the next few weeks (not on this forum though as it is not restored as yet). I would certainly appreciate any information you could provide regarding identifying my model year and then obtaining the hi-hat, bass drum pedal, etc.. Thanks and enjoy your kit (as I know you are)!

Sincerely, Ddot384

1970 Rogers Londoner:

Tri color Red speckle, White Marine Pearl, and Blue speckle
all original outfit Fullerton PowerTones:

2 Ea. 14" Hi-Hat and 1 Ea. 18" Medium Crash
outfit original Rogers SS by Azco of Canada
(not Zildian B stock or ZILCO)
1 Ea. 20" Zildian medium Sizzle also outfit original:

other outfit original items:
Drum all case (Fiber), Naughahyde covers (Base and Toms)

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here