Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 124.65136%

1967/68 Fibes COF Buddy Rich

From Dan Boucher

TommyP,Are you packing BR kits from either Ludwig or Slingerland, as well as the Rogers and now the Fibes?

Hey Dan!

Well yes, and no! I just sold my 1950 WFL Buddy Rich Classic last May .. and .. I literally just sold my Ludwig BR set this April! I also had a Slingerland BR, but it was a special built 2004 Conway and not an actual Slingerland Buddy Rich 80N. So ... add in the 1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's and the 1967/68 FIBES COF BR shown here, and wow ...! Neat thing is that I opened up space/cash by selling the WFL, the Ludwigs, and the Slingerland's, but picked up the FIBES, and of course kept the Rogers!

Tommyp

Posted on 8 years ago

Selling off the WFL, Ludwig and Slingerland kits shows real discipline. The Fibes are very cool, but the Rogers are still the ones to keep for good in my view. Enjoy 'em all while you have them!

Posted on 8 years ago

From Dan Boucher

Selling off the WFL, Ludwig and Slingerland kits shows real discipline. The Fibes are very cool, but the Rogers are still the ones to keep for good in my view. Enjoy 'em all while you have them!

Dan!

Yeah, I know what you're sayin'! Thing for me is/was: It was time to thin out the collection a tad. I have kept ALL the BR snare drums in the BR collection, as those are easier to store, etc. Full sets take up space .. and .. seeing as I play all my stuff, I thought it was time to narrow it down to the one's I play the most. The 1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's of course!, and then the 1967/68 Fibes COF Buddy Rich's are right up there too! I also have my 1965 Rogers little jazz/bop set as well. Those get gigged a LOT as I do a better than fair amount of jazz trio's and quartets. So ... I cut the other three sets loose. They have all gone to excellent new owners!, with the 1950 WFL Buddy Rich Super Classics being bought by a very well known national level drummer for his collection. Part of the agreement was that I wouldn't disclose his name, or the price. I will say that EVERYONE on this forum, regardless of taste in music/drummers, would know him. It was still painful for me Dan! Jeeze, they're like one's kids for cripes sakes!

Tommyp

Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks for the picture. These are 'heavy' and gorgeousssssssss! Joe

Posted on 7 years ago

From joel piciacchio

Thanks for the picture. These are 'heavy' and gorgeousssssssss! Joe

THANKS Joel! ... and glad you liked! Been gigging the Fibes for the past year and a half solid. LOVE these drums! I also have a smaller Fibes set in COF. These are 1972's, with the bass drum being 1st generation, 1966/67. Beautiful condition after a little resto/polish. Sizes are: 14X20 ... 8X12 ... and 16X16. Been gigging these for the smaller venues/gigs that I play. These sound every bit as nice as the BR Fibes set too! Here's a pic from a recent gig!

Tommyp

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here