Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1966 Rogers Silver Sparkle Drums

For members who don't usually check the "for sale" section, here's a heads up. Five minutes ago I posted my beautiful 1966 Rogers Top Hat drum set in the "for sale" section. Please let me know if you are interested in this great set of drums. You can email me at [email]fentex5@aol.com[/email]

Thanks in advance.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

Where are all of you Rogers drums fanatics. Let me know that you're out there. This beautiful drum set needs a new home.

Posted on 2 years ago

It looks great but I don't "need" it. Give it some time. Someone will find you/it.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 2 years ago

It really is a stunning set. You're going to make someone very very happy.

Posted on 2 years ago

Born together kits are becoming more rare as time goes on. Very nice drums in probably the most classy of all wraps, silver sparkle.

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 2 years ago

I'm in no rush. I'm just surprised that it hasn't sold yet.

Posted on 2 years ago

Really cool set in a classic wrap, and if I wasn't downsizing my own kits (haven't got the room) I'd be interested. I think the first double-tom kit I ever saw was Dave Clark's, and I thought that was the coolest thing (and practical for me - a lefty who played lefty)....Anyhow, I've never played a Rogers kit and my dumb question is this - do those toms bounce a bit while being played, since they are suspended by that single thin rod? I would think that rod would flex under the weight of the toms being struck. I'm just curious and eager to learn more. In my next life, perhaps I think I'd like be a Rogers collector instead of Ludwig. Thanks.

Regards, MB

Posted on 2 years ago

Marty...Joe Thompson was the genius who designed both Swivomatic and Memriloc hardware. Both inventions are still the most copied designs in the world of drum making. The two toms do bounce a bit. But compared to suspension-mounted toms or stand-mounted toms, they are rock solid. If you have ever owned or played much on a Rogers drum set from the Swivo era, you would know how sturdy (and heavy) these drums are. The Swivomatic hardware, if properly maintained, is slip proof and quick to set up and pack out. A few years after my Rogers set was made, the dual tom holder design was changed to be on a tube. I didn't like this as much because it lacked the center rod for mounting a splash cymbal.

Posted on 2 years ago

OK, thanks for that, leedybdp.....So, another dumb question: Why were Rogers drums heavy? More plies than other manufacturers, or heavier/denser wood? Thanks...then I'll stop asking about stuff that is well known by Rogers buffs....I think I'll buy myself - for Christmas - the Rob Cook book on Rogers, just to satisfy all my curiosities about them.

Regards, MB

Posted on 2 years ago

I think that most of the heft is due to the weight of the lugs, hoops, and mounting hardware. I'm not really sure about the density or weight of the wood in the shells.

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here