Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1966 Rogers Silver Sparkle Drums

From Marty Black

OK, thanks for that, leedybdp.....So, another dumb question: Why were Rogers drums heavy? More plies than other manufacturers, or heavier/denser wood? Thanks...then I'll stop asking about stuff that is well known by Rogers buffs....I think I'll buy myself - for Christmas - the Rob Cook book on Rogers, just to satisfy all my curiosities about them.Regards, MB

If you ever do buy a Rogers set, be careful of the later swivomatic design specifically the large collet nuts with the ears. The later ones were cast and the ears would break off if tightened too much. I removed the cast units and put them in storage then replaced them with the older machined style which is much more durable, but still be careful with them as well.

Posted on 2 years ago

These drums are still available.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

From Marty Black

OK, thanks for that, leedybdp.....So, another dumb question: Why were Rogers drums heavy? More plies than other manufacturers, or heavier/denser wood? Thanks...then I'll stop asking about stuff that is well known by Rogers buffs....I think I'll buy myself - for Christmas - the Rob Cook book on Rogers, just to satisfy all my curiosities about them.Regards, MB

Hi MB! To answer your question "Why were Rogers drums heavy?", the answer is simple... the weight of Beavertail lugs and Swivo hardware, such as tom holders, brackets, Knobby units, etc. I weighed two 60's 16x16 floor toms from Slingerland and Rogers and the Rogers was much heavier! I've been looking for that info on my computer(2) and can't seem to track it down right now! When found, I'll post it!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

Mark and I are both Rogers drum fanciers. I don't know about Mark, but my old bones--especially my back--would not fare too well if I were loading them out of my house, loading them in my car, setting them up, packing them out, loading back into the vehicle, and back into the house. They are built like a 1956 Buick Roadmaster Riviera.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here