Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

1966 Rogers Buddy Rich Headliner kit, WMP!

beautiful kit. i would never sell it but thats just me. cheers mate.

Harrison
Posted on 18 years ago

Hey backbeatmusic!

THANKS for the nice words on my Rogers BR Headliners... they truly ARE as nice as they look! Anyway, to answer your question:

I am a HUGE BR fan, and just as big a Rogers fan, thus I currently own TWO Rogers Buddy Rich kits, both complete including hardware, and of course both in WMP. I also own a 1948 WFL Buddy Rich Classic kit also in WMP, and again, just as nice as both the Rogers kits... plus ... I also own a Slingerland Buddy Rich kit, complete and also in, what else, WMP. Whew! I won't even go into my collection of Buddy Rich snare drums covering just about every company he ever endorsed, and ALL of them in WMP. So the whole point of mentioning all this is:

I just felt it was time to "thin the herd" a tad, if you will. Ultimately, I would like to sell two kits. I've already sold four snare drums, all of them just beautiful.

Because my collection is a tad deep, and I can only gig on one kit at a time, I just felt I would test the waters, sort of. I put the price I did on these as they are that nice, and near impossible to find in this year/model/originality/wrap/completeness/condition. So there you have it!

Thanks for stopping by, and for the nice comments. Take care!

Tommyp

Posted on 18 years ago

Hey Bebop!

Please see the previous post. My reply to backbeatmusic should explain it. THANK YOU for the nice words, and for stopping by!

Tommyp

Posted on 18 years ago

as i take it you dont like buddy rich right? :p

Harrison
Posted on 18 years ago

Me? LIKE Buddy Rich??? NAH!!!!!!!!!!! ALL those kits and snare drums are just a coincidence! HA!

I won't begin to mention all the media I've collected over the years having to do with BR. You know, I discovered Buddy in 1967... I was but 12 years old then. It has never stopped. My wife and kids say I "might" have some issues...! Saw him 5 times between 1971 and 1978... met him once! ( great story! ) :-)

Tommyp

Posted on 18 years ago

TommyP.....Then i will assume you have a Fibes chrome snare drum because BR thought they were fantastic snare drums.If im not mistaken didn,t he also use Premier in the early daysCool Dude

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 18 years ago

For a more accurate pricture of some of the TommyP snare drum collection

Click Here

I used his Fibes SFT, which he shipped to me as a favor, for the Puresound

Wire project. It is one sweet drum

For that matter if any forum member would like a feature let me know.

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

You're quite welcome Tommyp!!! Being a Buddy Rich fan, could you please tell me how in the world did they get him to flip upside down while doing a drum solo with no cage???? I'm at a loss trying to figure it out. I saw the solo in question at drummersworld.com and it just mystifies me how it was accomplished way back when!! Sure Tommy Lee did it IN A CAGE ALL STRAPPED IN !!! It's killing me!! Please enlighten me on this as I'm about to suffer severe dain bramage from slamming my head against the wall! :confused:

Posted on 18 years ago

haha. if you dont mind, howabout you tell the story of when you met buddy?

Harrison
Posted on 18 years ago

Wayne!

YES! I have a near mint as you could probably find 1973 Fibes SFT 690 COF snare drum... ( rectangular badge, NOT square ) ... THE Buddy Rich model if you will, although it was never called that of course. Well, at LEAST by Don Osborne who owned Slingerland at the time as BR was endorsing Slingerland then. This drum can be seen by clicking the link David supplied.

Backbeatmusic!

I do in fact have a brief interview where BR talked about that "stunt"... playing while upside down! It had NEVER been done before at the time. Let me see if I can dig it out. I do remember this though: He WAS strapped in to his throne, but it was nowhere NEAR as complicated as Tommy Lee's set-up. I do remember Buddy stating that it was the HARDEST he ever had to try and play, meaning fighting gravity, not volume. The amazing thing is, it looks like he's playing completely effortlessly, doesn't it? The guy was "One of a kind!!

Bebop!

I do have my "How I met Buddy" story available, but I think it would take up too much space to write here. If you would like to read it, please get in touch with me at my MAIN email address, which is available on this site, and I will forward the story to you. I think you will get a kick out of it!

Tommyp

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here