Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

1966 Rogers Buddy Rich Headliner kit, WMP!

After much thought... and it was difficult! ... I have decided to part with my 1966 Rogers Buddy Rich Headliner kit, in WMP and COMPLETE with ALL CORRECT hardware. This is a one of a kind kit as it features DUAL 14X14 floor toms. Very hard to find in this configuration... and pretty rare. The drums are ALL ORIGINAL, no funny business, no extra holes, etc. They LOOK and SOUND drop dead fabulous. Here are the sizes:

14X20

8X12

14X14

14X14

5X14 1964 chrome Powertone snare... or ... without the snare.

Hardware is complete as follows:

Swan Leg snare stand

Swivo HH stand w/clutch

TWO Swan leg cymbal stands

TWO "L" arms w/Knobby's

Swivo BD pedal/plate

Being 66's, ALL Knobby's are machined, not cast.

I have been gigging on this kit for the past two years. The sizes of the Headliner's are perfect for gigging and lugging around as they are a bit smaller than the Rogers BR Celebrities. The AMAZING this is... they sound HUGE! Perfect for a Jazz Trio all the way up to a Big Band, and everything in-between. Hey... they're Rogers!

Asking $6000.00... $5500.00 without the Powertone... and that INCLUDES foam lined H&B cases for the drums.

Tommyp

1 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Shameless BUMP!

Posted on 18 years ago

Beautiful kit for sure,BUT,imo,its quite overpriced.I,ve seen outfits similar to that for around 3-3500.Am i wrong,or just way out of touch??

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 18 years ago

Hi Wayne...

I'm just going to be blunt here... FIND ME ANOTHER ORIGINAL 1966 Rogers "Buddy Rich Headliner" in WMP,... ( no yellowing by the way ) ... with ALL the correct and complete hardware, not to mention the very RARE and highly sought after DUAL 14X14 floor toms, in the condition of this kit. A SINGLE Rogers WMP 14X14 floor tom will bring almost a grand on it's own! Find me another one, I'd love to see it, especially a kit that was born all together and original, not assembled out of a few different kits.

You certainly can't go down to your local Guitar Center and buy one of these,... and out of sheer curiosity: WHERE are the "similar" kits for the price point you mention? Supply a link and then we can compare the two kits and discuss them.

I'm sure you're a nice guy Wayne, and I mean no disrespect, but you are both wrong AND out of touch!

Tommyp

Posted on 18 years ago

Listen,i,ve seen thousands of kits during my 40 yrs as a pro drummer,and there is always a kit that comes along that is "special".Yours is likely one of them,at least it looks good in print,BUT THIS DISCUSSION COMES UP OFTEN,regarding value.What can 5 or 6 grand buy today?.I,d say any kit you want.You might agree with me there.Then take in market conditions.IMO,this is a buyers market not a sellers.I also believe that a lot of the frenzy buying took place a few years ago re;vintage drums.Remember how much wood dynas sold for?...not anymore....example;I just bought a new Tama Omni tune 5 pc bubinga kit for under 3500 Canadian.Tama originally hinted the kit might sell for 5500.Things changed.Im not going to provoke you because i love Rogers drums more than anyone,and i think your kit could be worth the money,time will tell.You,re right about one thing...I am a nice guy,and i wish you luckYes Sir

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 18 years ago

Hey Wayne...

There's certainly no need for us to engage in a Peeing Contest over this... BUT!,

I am a working professional drummer, full time, 38 years now. I'm also a huge Rogers collector/enthusiest. Have you scanned this site and looked at my personal collection? Which includes TWO Rogers BR kits in WMP, a 1966, and a 1965 Celebrity, not to mention the two wood Rogers Dynasonics, and a host of others. Everything in WMP by the way. My point being, I know vintage drums, and especially Rogers. I also know all about the "market", be it a buyers or sellers market. One thing I have seen is that the market is cyclical... constanly goes around driven by many factors. Yes, agreed, wood Rogers Dynasonics aren't bringing $4000.00 anymore, ( which I personally thought was insane! ) but they are still holding at $2000.00 on the low side, and as much as $3500.00 on the high side for the RIGHT BUYER. And that's the key to any vintage item be it a car, drum, guitar, etc. You have to find YOUR buyer.

For the record, I gig on these all the time, and have still kept them near mint, and make no mistake Wayne, there are as nice in real life as they are in print.

Your Tama kit sounds beautiful Wayne... but did you happen to see a 1966 Rogers Buddy Rich Headliner in WMP while you were there? This Rogers kit is a rare find Wayne. Like I said, go find me another one in this year, model, configuration, condition, and color.

This kit is being offered for sale, but not fire saled. IF... and that's the key word, IF, the proper buyer comes along that has been looking/wanting a Rogers kit of this quality/originality/configuration, they will sell. IF that doesn't happen... guess what Wayne? I keep 'em! It's that simple.

Rogers... it's ALL I gig on! Got Rogers!? Thanks for your comments!

Tommyp

Posted on 18 years ago

I wish i could afford your kit,because i,d buy it if i could.Check out www.songbirdmusic.com Drums obviously.It may not be an identical kit,but for about 1700 Canadian,its not bad!....Oh yeah,that just the asking price so i would think you can knock off a good chunk still,for the right buyer.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 18 years ago

I realize that my passion for a good debate turned this issue upside down,It was [is] an add to sell something and i,ve re-directed the attention.Im very sorry for having done this by turning it into a political issue.Perhaps my admiration for Rogers drums,i dont know,but i agree they are still among the finest made to this day,and i wish you well.The "right" buyer as you pointed out will be getting a true historical classic,worth every penny!.Again my apologies

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 18 years ago

Hey Wayne...

A couple things of interest here... and a couple comments too!

First: The link you supplied showing the Rogers WMP kit needs a tad of commentary. This kit is a FULLERTON era manufactured kit, not even close to the Covington, Ohio produced EARLIER Rogers kits. ( like my '66 BR Headliner kit ) This is borne out by different shell interiors, lighter/cheaper CAST lugs/hardware, and the real kicker: They're NOT 1966 produced drums. The COB Dynasonic serial, #24186, indicates late 1969, early 1970 for year of manufacture. If they are Fullerton's, they have to be at least 1970. For the record, the drums in the link you supplied look VERY NICE!, but they're not 66's, and they're not the Buddy Rich Headliner model with DUAL 14X14 floor toms. They are also missing the cymbal stands. Thus, they aren't worth anywhere near as much to a collector/buyer.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your passion for a good debate! I like them myself! The fact that you are a Rogers enthusiest shines through and is to be commended! The small rub of your intial commentary was the fact that I didn't think you were really aware of how rare and hard to find my kit is... not to mention the drop dead beautiful condition. The sound of these drums is a given! So,

No offense was taken Wayne, and the only reason I engaged in the debate was to try and show you WHAT these drums truly are, and how hard it would be to find another kit like this, complete, and in this condition, which justifies the price. And for the record, there's always a little room for haggling on an opening offer!

No apology needed Wayne! We are all friends here! Was nice chatting with you about these, and I know they would be in good hands if YOU bought them!

Tommyp

Posted on 18 years ago

WOW WOW WOW That's a gorgeous kit!!! I've never seen one in that condition!! Very nice!! Why on earth would you sell that????? Geez ....... I'd be like >>> CryBaby

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here