Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's

Thanks Tommy! No offense but when I see all the blue hairs that typically come to that theater I would think that seeing a group do Frank Sinatra might be a little more pallitable to them then some band of guys playing top 40 country music. I always wonder when older people see us if they think "Hey this is'nt Hank Williams or Patsy Cline?!?" Lol... It's all good though as we have played for so many different crowds that we can amend ourselves a little bit to make just about any gig work.

I think when you go to see a group like The Sounds of Frank, it should be pretty obvious what you are getting. I bet nobody ever told Frank to turn down! Lol

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 8 years ago

From wflkurt

Thanks Tommy! No offense but when I see all the blue hairs that typically come to that theater I would think that seeing a group do Frank Sinatra might be a little more pallitable to them then some band of guys playing top 40 country music. I always wonder when older people see us if they think "Hey this is'nt Hank Williams or Patsy Cline?!?" Lol... It's all good though as we have played for so many different crowds that we can amend ourselves a little bit to make just about any gig work.I think when you go to see a group like The Sounds of Frank, it should be pretty obvious what you are getting. I bet nobody ever told Frank to turn down! Lol

So true Kurt!, but I have to tell you... our usual audience is of course heavy on the "older folks", as they actually remember Frank!, but we also attract a much younger crowd as well, which just blows me away. But after I thought about it .. as most every gig is that way with regard to the audience demographics .. it occurred to me that Frank Sinatra is timeless .. and .. a lot of it SWINGS hard, plus there's the straight eighth stuff too, which let's the band "modernize" for a bit. Think "Sway". Interestingly, we are doing a show tomorrow night in a NEW venue, and slightly smaller then our norm, but the advance reservations/tickets are pretty much a totally younger crowd! It is the 100th anniversary of Frank Sinatra this year, so that might have something to do with it too. The Concord NH gig was also in celebration of the 100th anniversary of Frank Sinatra .. but .. they also told us they would love to have the show back. GREAT audience, and an excellent show it was!

Tommyp

Posted on 8 years ago

Tommyp!

Best of luck with your show at the NEW venue! So true about Frank's tunes being "timeless". Good music will always be good music...and span the generations! It's great to see younger audiences appreciate and love it! My girlfriend and I usually see the Brian Setzer Orchestra for their Christmas show (this year at a nice smaller theater at the Pechanga Resort) and are always amazed at the large amount of younger generations who love Brian's style...not to mention his superb guitar playing!

-Mark

Posted on 8 years ago

I think you hit the nail on the head Tommy. The music of Frank IS timeless and when people go to a show like yours there are'nt a lot of surprises. Actually the surprise will be how awesome the drummer is! ;)

With our kind of show it always seems to come out just fine but sometimes when people see "top 40 country", the wonder what the heck that IS?

I'm glad to hear you say that young people are digging the Frank though. My 15 year old stepson listens to the most gawd awful rap that would make Frank spin in his grave three times over! Clearly my influences have no effect. Thankfully there are some that like something timeless!

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 8 years ago

Mark/Kurt!

Mark: THANKS as always for the very kind words! The Brian Setzer Orchestra is fabulous!, and that music is indeed timeless! Loved Bernie Dresel with him too! THANKS Mark!

Kurt: The fact that Sinatra exudes cool and is timeless was indeed in view last night. We played that NEW venue and were shocked/flattered to see that it had SOLD OUT with SRO! Very intimate venue with beautifully thought out stage/acoustics, thus it was easy to play and with great sound. Interestingly .. and this was almost MORE surprising .. the majority of the audience were from say 50 and down! Course I also think that because this venue has a BAR, that had a bunch to do with it! Happy people! We got called on for TWO encores. It was an excellent night. You did nail it though Kurt... when you go to see/hear a Sinatra Show, you DO know what you're going to get!, although we throw in a few surprises which keeps it interesting and fresh. THANKS again for the very nice words!

Here's a pic of "the calm before the storm". I was able to grab this just before we went on.

Tommyp

2 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here