Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's

I wasn't referring to the drum. I was considering the skill of the drummer. Now, I do recognize you could never sound that good on a Super-sensitiLaughing HLaughing H

Posted on 8 years ago

From Dan Boucher

I wasn't referring to the drum. I was considering the skill of the drummer. Now, I do recognize you could never sound that good on a Super-sensitiLaughing HLaughing H

Ah!... I THANK YOU Dan as you are too kind! You know, I have been playing a 1968/Dayton "special" Powertone as of late though, so... does that count?

Tommyp

Posted on 8 years ago

plus 1 tommy

Posted on 8 years ago

That's a lovely set Tommy.

40's Slingerland Radio King WMP
60's Ludwig Downbeat Silver Spark
70's Ludwig Super Classic White Marine
60's Gretsch RB Champaigne Spark
70's Rogers Big R Black
90's Sonor Hilite (Red maple)
00's DW Collectors Broken Glass
00's DW Jazz Series Tangerine Glass
10's DW Collectors (Acrylic) Matt Black Wrap
10's PDP Concept Wood Hoop kit (Maple)
Proud ambassador of the British Drum Company
Posted on 8 years ago

From geckobeats

That's a lovely set Tommy.

snaremania/geckobeats!

THANKS to you both for the very nice words! Glad you enjoyed the pics! I've had and been playing these for close to 15 years now, but the thrill NEVER wears thin. THANKS!!!

Tommyp

Posted on 8 years ago

Tommy,

I can't believe I missed this thread. Serves me right for not visiting the Gallery enough. I LOVE that 24", especially paired with the 12" tom, and you even got the Rogers logo located correctly...

[Attachment: 90242]

You guys must have sounded great in that old theater. It looks like the old Infinity Hall in Norfolk where I first saw you play. I'll try to catch the Frank show when you play the new Infinity Hall in Hartford. Now did you actually use that second 14" FT, or did it just hold the towel? :p

Mike

1 attachments
-No Guru... still learning more every day-
Posted on 8 years ago

Tommy,

I want to see you in a tux next time you put up a vid. The black on WMP should be stunning! Hey, and wear a chrome tie too.

Posted on 8 years ago

I was at the show and indeed Tommy, the drums and the room sounded great! Tommy has the chops and his brush playing is great. I am born and raised in Concord so I know the place pretty well. I actually played there this spring with my top 40 country band and it was fun. It was a little stressful for us at first because our music is a little louder than the stuff Tommy does and the old people running the place did not seem too happy at first. Once we showed them that we were not just some crash and bash band and had the ausience into it they changed thier tune.

I saw a play in that theater years ago and the pit band sounded great. I remember the drums in particular had a special sound in there though I could not see them as I was at the back and the drums were down in the orchestra pit. Curiosity got the better of me at break and I went to the front during break and sure enough the drums were a beautiful vintage 30's/40's radio king set with vintage zildjians and calf heads all around. What a sound in there!

Tommy's set reminded me of that night as his beautiful Rogers set sounded great in there! The whole band was a real treat to listen to. Catch them if you can!

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 8 years ago

From mchair303

Tommy, I can't believe I missed this thread. Serves me right for not visiting the Gallery enough. I LOVE that 24", especially paired with the 12" tom, and you even got the Rogers logo located correctly...[Attachment: 90242]You guys must have sounded great in that old theater. It looks like the old Infinity Hall in Norfolk where I first saw you play. I'll try to catch the Frank show when you play the new Infinity Hall in Hartford. Now did you actually use that second 14" FT, or did it just hold the towel? :pMike

Mike!

Yes indeed on the Rogers logo and shield! I copied BR's right from around 1964/65 as he had the larger shield and initials with that different font. It did come out nice! Makes sense to have Rogers at the bottom too... otherwise everything starts to run into each other at the top with that particular shield. I have that exact pic in my collection too of course! It served as my model for the front head!

That would be great if you came out to the Infinity Hartford show Mike!, and... the theater in NH DID remind us of Infinity/Norfolk! GREAT acoustics, and extremely drum friendly... actually everything friendly. What a beautiful venue! Regarding the back 14X14: I DO indeed play it Mike! There are many spots in the show where it is utilized. As I'm fond of saying: Buddy played his back floor tom all the time too, up until his Slingerland endorsement. That's when he really stopped playing it. As to why that is I don't know, but it does make for a nice towel holder if you're not going to play it I guess!

Dan Boucher!

A Tux Dan??!! Hmmmm... don't know if I can do that, but... I could wear the chrome tie though! I wear all black as it is, I mean after all, it is a slimming color!

Tommyp

Posted on 8 years ago

From wflkurt

I was at the show and indeed Tommy, the drums and the room sounded great! Tommy has the chops and his brush playing is great. I am born and raised in Concord so I know the place pretty well. I actually played there this spring with my top 40 country band and it was fun. It was a little stressful for us at first because our music is a little louder than the stuff Tommy does and the old people running the place did not seem too happy at first. Once we showed them that we were not just some crash and bash band and had the ausience into it they changed thier tune. I saw a play in that theater years ago and the pit band sounded great. I remember the drums in particular had a special sound in there though I could not see them as I was at the back and the drums were down in the orchestra pit. Curiosity got the better of me at break and I went to the front during break and sure enough the drums were a beautiful vintage 30's/40's radio king set with vintage zildjians and calf heads all around. What a sound in there!Tommy's set reminded me of that night as his beautiful Rogers set sounded great in there! The whole band was a real treat to listen to. Catch them if you can!

Kurt!

THANK YOU for the very nice words! It was a pleasure getting to talk with you!, and... you were spot on in your assessment of the "sound" in that theater. Absolutely amazing place to play!, but as you also stated... the band HAS to have control over it's dynamics, or you're going to have trouble in that room! Goes without saying that the Shana Stack Band does, as does The Sounds of Frank. We were very well received and the folks that book that room, well... looks like they can be tough. No issues here though as they enjoyed it completely. It was neat that you were able to make it out, and I can't thank you enough for doing so. Greatly appreciate the very kind words on my playing and the sound of the drums. It's a FUN gig!, and the Rogers just add another element to that. Too bad we were both working Friday night or I would have come out and caught your gig! THANKS again Kurt! BEST!!!

Tommyp

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here