Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's

Tommy what's the Feb date at the Infinity? I didn't see anything Sinatra related in Feb listed? I'd like to see your show. Glenn.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Being in Illinois I probably cant make it unless I happen to be on vacation. Have been to New England states many times, really Like New Hampshire and Vermont.

Anyway, Im sure its a great show, If I come that way Ill look you guys up.

Have a nice weekend!

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

Hey Glenn!

The Infinity booking just came in, so keep checking as they will get the promo up eventually. The date is February 17th. Needless to say, should you be able to make the gig, we would have to meet! Still a ways off of course... but THANKS!!

Jeff C!

Illinois... yeah, that would be tough to do. One of the biggest advantages for me and the amount I play/gig, is certainly that I live in CT/New England.. because .. everything is SO CLOSE to each other. I can do dates in CT/RI/MA/NY and be home that night, within reason travel wise of course. Maybe we can say hello at the Chicago Vintage Drum Show in May!

Tommyp

Posted on 11 years ago

Hi Tommy, yes would be very cool to meet you! I have the date marked down and will check back at the Infinity site for your promo and tickets. So far my wife and I are in and I'm sure we'll get a few more people to go too.

Thanks! Glenn.

Jeff C if you ever pass through CT be sure to let me know.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Maybe we can say hello at the Chicago Vintage Drum Show in May!

IS it true......?

THE TommyP in Chitown!!!!!

Posted on 11 years ago

Tommy,

That is a spectacular looking set! Like others, I don't get tired of looking at it. The Rogers hardware was so very well designed and yours is in immaculate condition.

Are you using a clear EMAD batter? Would you mind detailing you bass drum prep and tuning practices?

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 11 years ago

Yes, a beauty of a kit! I am about 1 1/2 hours from the venue. My wife and I are also in for a trip to see the Sinatra Show with Tommy P.

Also,Poco is playing there in April I believe, and I assume George Lawrence will be on drums. Road trips anyone?

Ed

Posted on 11 years ago

Glenn you will be the first to know if we head east( Head East, rememeber that band, lol) .

Tommy, I plan on going to the Chicago show and it would be a pleasure to meet you and any others from the best vintage drum website in the world, VDF. Last year I had to do a fast walk thru, my dad was sick and I did not feel good about going but I did anyway. Next year will be different and I plan to spend more time meeting up with members along with seeing and playing all of the drums there.

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

Snaremania!

I have been approached about showing/displaying my "Snare Drums of Buddy Rich" collection, as well as all the OEM/NOS BR sticks as well as some of my other media.. ( some unseen and RARE ) .. dating from 1950 to 1980. I am interested! If I can clear my calendar, and leave that week open with regard to gigs... I would love to! Deb and I are already talking about the possibility. My display would also be hosted by our most esteemed webmaster, David Anfuso. We would certainly have to hang! .. f ..

tnsquint!

THANKS! Rogers certainly had it all together back in the day. The Swivo hardware is indeed excellent! I've been playing Rogers and using all the original hardware for a long time... never a failure. Regarding the Evans EMAD on the bass drum/batter: I use the COATED EMAD on all my bass drums. Reason for that is the coated EMAD accenuates the fundamental/lows without sounding or feeling "floppy". Goes without saying that all of this is of course, completely subjective to personal opinion. This is just what works for me! Tension/tuning couldn't be easier... and I have ALL my bass drums set up this way too. Top two and bottom two tension rods carry the actual tension, which one has to determine based on personal preference. The three side tension rods are tensiond "just above a wrinkle". What this does.. for me .. is give the bass drum a killer LOW END, yet retains enough tension top/bottom for articulation. I use the smaller of the two "rings" supplied with the EMAD. The front/resonant head is Ambassador coated white, with ONE felt strip. The front head carries the actual "tension" and is tuned "up" for projection/tone. There is no muffling/padding inside the drum. Super EASY to get the bass drum in "the zone" every time! Again... just my personal preference. I know there are many others!

BigE!

THANKS!! Would be nice to meet/say hello, and hopefully we can! The "Infinity hall" is an incredible venue as it SOUNDS so nice in there. I did a smooth jazz concert there a couple years back and was absolutely blown away with the "stage sound"... beautiful!

Jeff C!

If it all works out for me, yes!... it would be great to meet and chat at the show in May! Hopefully so!

Posted on 11 years ago

THE David Anfuso....?

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here