Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

1965 Rogers BR Celebrity's

Here's a shot of my 1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's at the Infinity Music Hall in Hartford, CT. I grabbed this shot right after sound check, thus the stage light is low/mood lighting. Still, better than decent view of the kit! Exact BR sizes including all original hardware:

14X24

9X13

16X16

16X16

5X14 WMP Dynasonic (1967)

Here's a little clip that my wife managed to grab of the opening fanfare/intro into "The Lady Is A Tramp". While she was recording this, an usher came over and politely asked that she STOP recording, as it isn't allowed. SIGH. She did get a couple minutes though!, and you can hear the Rogers in an actual LIVE setting. Hopefully you enjoy!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34U21IQ7eeU"]The Sounds of Frank Infinity Intro - YouTube[/ame]

Tommyp

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Nice Tommy! Looks like a fantastic room to play and hope you guys packed them in. Yea a bummer your wife could not record more. But man it sounded great! The Rogers sound great as always. Swingin!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 9 years ago

Great drums...great drummer! Ladies and gentleman, a big round of applause for our own Tommyp!! D' Drummer

Keep on swingin'

-Mark

Posted on 9 years ago

Fantastic! Your living the life!

Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks tommy enjoyed the sound clip !

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

Such a shame. If I was home I could have zipped down to Hartford and caught it live. Nice work and nice drums Tommy. Congrats also to the rest of The Band

Posted on 9 years ago

Guys!

Glenn!

Yes!... absolutely FABULOUS venue. State of the art across the board including the actual stage SOUND, and the audio in house. We had hoped to draw around 250 as it is January, right after the holidays, etc. So!... imagine our surprise when we were told they sold 300 tickets. The venue holds 500, so far from full... but a little better then half. The crowd was incredibly enthusiastic, applauded after EVERY solo, and enjoyed the show from start to finish. With a fabulous room like that, and a great audience, well... EASY to play and have a ball! THANKS for the very kind words Glenn!

Mark!

THANK YOU for the very nice words! Glad you enjoyed the clip... what there is of it! LOL!!! I was really surprised that they don't allow recording, so I had to inquire afterwards. They told me it's all the PHONES held in the air, which blocks other people's view. Ah! Makes complete sense to me now. At least Deb got a couple minutes worth! THANKS again!

Gerald!

THANK YOU for commenting! You are absolutely right. I have been blessed to be able to play/make a living doing what I LOVE!, and with great players/people. THANKS again!

Mark/VM2K!

THANKS Mark! I know it's not your bag per se musically, but you have always been extremely positive and complimentary. GLAD you enjoyed! I just wish Deb could have grabbed more! SIGH.

Dan!

That would have been GREAT! It would be nice to meet... and Glenn too for that matter! Should you have a chance, and if there's a show you'd like to see at the Infinity/Hartford, by all means go. It really is an incredible venue! Thought you might like how those Rogers sounded in that room. The guy that mixed the house said to me after the show: Those drums are awesome! It was like "John Bonham meets Buddy Rich". I had to laugh!, but what he meant was: He had the drums mixed BIG like Bonham... but the style played was more like Buddy. I should be so lucky. I couldn't hold either of those guys stickbags! It was a nice comment though. THANKS Dan!

Tommyp

Posted on 9 years ago

TommyP:

THANKS so much for sharing the clip! Great looking kit and venue. The drummer didn't sound too shabby either (lol)! I'd love to play in a swing band like that. That just screams "OldSchool"!

Posted on 9 years ago

From OldSchool

TommyP:THANKS so much for sharing the clip! Great looking kit and venue. The drummer didn't sound too shabby either (lol)! I'd love to play in a swing band like that. That just screams "OldSchool"!

Gary!

.. "That just screams OldSchool" .. It does indeed! Yeah, the "Sinatra Show" is a great gig. I enjoy the heck out of it! Great players, and people alike, plus we play a lot of these type venues, and you know what? It NEVER gets boring! Thing is.. ( and maybe one time we can get a full performance recording ) .. we also do some straight eighth feels as well as 12/8 in addition to the swing feels. We do a couple by Michael Buble in the show: Sway.. and Save The last Dance.. which allows for a more contemporary approach drum wise. Otherwise, my approach is to be true to the style of music we are performing. You wouldn't want a "chops fest" on these tunes, but I DO get my moments. It's all about feel, swing, and pocket, along with horn set-ups and dynamics around the vocal. It is an excellent gig!

THANK YOU for the nice words! Always a pleasure Gary!

Tommyp

Posted on 9 years ago

Nice playing Tommy a beautiful kit. Do u gat flack from soundmen for the full front head? I will be going out with a new band soon and going no hole. It`s only a 20``

but still. so much better feel

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here