Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

1963 Ludwig Hollywood

Bought set new, play frequently through the years but not regularly. Always kept in hard cases. Still looks virtually like new. Just replaced the 46 year old Ludwig heads with Remo Emperor Double Heads...WOW! Got rid of all the felt strips, etc. Really sound good!

FYI, made the logo on the bass using my computer, ink jet printer and printable "laptop skin" vinyl from OfficeMax.

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 15 years ago

I gotta know....did you keep those original heads? It would be a shame to just throw them out....I mean, how many of us can say we have the original heads to our vintage kit? Cool1

Posted on 15 years ago

Great looking set. I hope you didn't throw the heads out. Heck I'd buy them if you still had them.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

I am wondering, I have seen the "Hollywood" set with different sizes, which config is this one? It would be rather embarrassing to tell why I would like to know.....

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 15 years ago

22" Bass, 2- 12" Toms, 16"X16" Floor Tom. When I bought the set I got the 14"X5" SupraPhonic Chrome Snare instead of the wood shell. (Wish I could find a matching Gold Sparkle snare.)

I just checked with my wife...she did not throw away the old Ludwig heads like I asked her to do...she knows better about these things than I do!

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 15 years ago

I've got a 61 Super Classic that has been wrapped in Gold Sparkle. It's not original. I didn't do it. But, if you are interested...PM me.

Posted on 15 years ago

From GG Vintage

Bought set new, play frequently through the years but not regularly. Always kept in hard cases. Still looks virtually like new. Just replaced the 46 year old Ludwig heads with Remo Emperor Double Heads...WOW! Got rid of all the felt strips, etc. Really sound good!FYI, made the logo on the bass using my computer, ink jet printer and printable "laptop skin" vinyl from OfficeMax.

Very cool looking set! I like those cymbal stands too - what are they? Are they original to the set?

Scott

Posted on 15 years ago

They look like some sort of mic stands with the upper section being from an old Ludwig cymbal stand. -? Cool idea! I actually always wanted someone to make stands that had those twist tighteners. Cool!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

beautiful kit that you have there. that is the color that ludwig used in their early to mid 60's catalogs to showcase the hollywood kit. ive got a 22/12/12/16 hollywood 65 model in sky blue pearl. mine had an acrolite with it but i later picked up a jazz festival which was listed with those kits. i see that you have the much desired 1123 ringo hi hat stand with it as well. very nice.

mike

Posted on 15 years ago

If I could suggest...a hoop mount cymbal arm would look killer with this kit. They are fairly cheap and plenty strong enough to hold that cymbal. That would take away that Gibraltar clamp and arm. Just a thought. Nice stuff there.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here