Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

1958 Leedy kit in Silver Veil Pearl

Anyone out there familiar with the finish Silver Veil Pearl? I just acquired a 1958 3 piece Leedy kit which consists of 8X12, 14X22, and a 5.5X14 snare. Its all in great shape except one scuff on the bass drum where someone had let the tom rubbed. Does anyone know what approximate value would be. It is in really good condition other than the scuff mentioned before. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Posted on 16 years ago

Yes, very cool finish and on the rare list.

The matching floor tom may never come up because the finish is

so rare.

Price depends on the snare....

Pictures??

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Here she is!

First Leedy I have ever seen in this finish

David

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks David! It looks awesome!!

Posted on 16 years ago

Anyone have any idea what that tom mount is? It's certainly not Leedy or Slingerland. I'd also put correct rims on the 12" tom...but that's me...

Very cool set.

I had a same era Leedy set in blue silver duco that had a 12 x 22 single tension bass drum, and 8 x 12 tom and the same snare you have.

Your snare would be the 2002 reliance model. In my early '60s catalog the configuration I had was called the "combo" outfit # 15. The silver veil is not shown in my catalog...but I don't have a late '50s one.

Posted on 16 years ago

The mount looks to be a premier style, I owned a 1966 premier that had the same mount. There are no additional holes in the bass or tom though so I believe this to be the original mount. The Bass drum spurs are also very similar to premier style. I have the original single flanged hoops with clips, I just dont want them on the kit when I play it. I'm afraid of overtightening them and breaking them. I have regular hoops for the snare as well.

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

The mount looks to be a premier style, I owned a 1966 premier that had the same mount. There are no additional holes in the bass or tom though so I believe this to be the original mount. The Bass drum spurs are also very similar to premier style. I have the original single flanged hoops with clips, I just dont want them on the kit when I play it. I'm afraid of overtightening them and breaking them. I have regular hoops for the snare as well.

after market mount brings the price of this kit down substantially.

Harrison
Posted on 16 years ago

I dont think this is an aftermarket mount. I dont see any extra holes other than the ones used to mount the tom mount. The spurs are like old premier as well. I sent pictures of these to the historian at Modern Drummer and he said that the kit is worth at least $2000.00 I dont know if maybe Leedy had some similar hardware as premier at the time but it doesnt appear to be an aftermarket piece then again I 'm not an expert.

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

I dont think this is an aftermarket mount. I dont see any extra holes other than the ones used to mount the tom mount. The spurs are like old premier as well. I sent pictures of these to the historian at Modern Drummer and he said that the kit is worth at least $2000.00 I dont know if maybe Leedy had some similar hardware as premier at the time but it doesnt appear to be an aftermarket piece then again I 'm not an expert.

Bass drum was probably ordered virgin so that he/she

could add the mount, or it couldve been a shop or factory

job.. fact is leedy never used a mount like that.

Harrison
Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Bass drum was probably ordered virgin so that he/shecould add the mount, or it couldve been a shop or factoryjob.. fact is leedy never used a mount like that.

And it's a bummer it's in a nearly unusable mounting spot to boot!

Cool to see that finish on a Leedy.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here