Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

1958 Leedy kit in Silver Veil Pearl

Hello westvalleydrums

More then likely the kit came as a three piece and the tom could have been on a hoop mount tom holder.

So it clamped to the hoop of the bass drum....

Also, there is a good chance that it might have had clip on spurs that clipped on to the bass hoop.

So someone who had the parts added them to the set to "Upgrade" it...

So there would have been no original holes on that bass drum which is not uncommon....

In regards to the value of $2000, I would say that is a stretch and I can't see anyone actually paying that.

You see, without a floor tom it is not as functional for todays playing and not worth as much as a set because of the modifications....

My guess is that there is not a matching floor tom out there...and if there is, it is already part of a set. Then again with Ebay the day might finally come that it will appear.

In my eye, the snare drum is the most apealling drum since it is all original and in that finish..

So I would probably value that the highest % of the drum set and say that you could reasonably get $1200 - $1400 for the three pieces in that a Leedy Snare collector would possibly pay $600 - $800 for the snare drum.

So it is still a nice set even with the mods and I would love that snare!

David

Webmaster

Posted on 16 years ago

I actually am using the tom in a snare stand right know, so I dont really use the mount I just wanted to show it on the photo. Thanks David for all your work, I appreciate it.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here