Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

1956/57 Gracy full drum kit WMP Last viewed: 10 seconds ago

No direct connection between Yamaha and Gracy is written or talked about here atleast to my knowledge. Yamaha bought (merged) with a similar, small drum company called Nikkan Drum Corp. and that became Yamaha Drum Co. around 67. Alot of the pre-Yamaha Nikkan are circulating on auctions here- I have a few at this time.

Gracy it seems was indeed a separate company from Pearl but at some point was purchased or merged into Pearl by 1970 or so it seems.

I currently have a 3-piece set of Gracy drums in a nice blue sparkle with alot of signs of not being a Pearl made kit- different lugs, tom mount and badges that say "Gracy Drum Manufacturing Corp." I don`t have the kit assembled currently- some of the lugs are broken - I`m contemplating just selling it as shells with badges for a re-builder. I`ll take some pics

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

From OsakaBop

No direct connection between Yamaha and Gracy is written or talked about here atleast to my knowledge. Yamaha bought (merged) with a similar, small drum company called Nikkan Drum Corp. and that became Yamaha Drum Co. around 67. Alot of the pre-Yamaha Nikkan are circulating on auctions here- I have a few at this time. Gracy it seems was indeed a separate company from Pearl but at some point was purchased or merged into Pearl by 1970 or so it seems. I currently have a 3-piece set of Gracy drums in a nice blue sparkle with alot of signs of not being a Pearl made kit- different lugs, tom mount and badges that say "Gracy Drum Manufacturing Corp." I don`t have the kit assembled currently- some of the lugs are broken - I`m contemplating just selling it as shells with badges for a re-builder. I`ll take some pics

Hey,Eric,If you need Lug's for your set you know who will have them....Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here